Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I really like all metal mode! Wheats silver and a Buffalo!

Mark kus

I’ve been hunting in all metal mode man I love it brings those pounded spots back to life
1961 and 1964 Rosie can’t make out a date on the buffalo 11 wheats $2.24 in clad found the buffalo on the saltwater beach
After they excavated under a beach house the rest came from a field near the beach we’ve pounded spent a couple hours total today hunting
Running park 2 21 sensitively try the all metal mode go slow!!!

Nice job! I also use all metal alot with it on volume set at 1 or 2. I found that using all metal clears up alot of targets. The more I use the nox the more I like it.. my buddy has been watching my finds and we've been comparing signals with his deus.. well that ended his relationship with his deus lol. He can only afford one detector so he now has a 600.

but, I run in Park2, 50 tones, reactivity of anywhere from 4-6 depending, with a low iron bias setting.

With my machine set this way, I get a lot of iron falsing that bleep up into the 11-15 range, probably as a result of the low iron bias settings.

When I opt for all metal, I hear all of the small iron as low grunts (which I like), and at the same time I hear a lot less iron falsing.

Again, don't know if this is because of my lack of experience, or my ear. :biggrin:

basstrackerman said:
Nice job! I also use all metal alot with it on volume set at 1 or 2. I found that using all metal clears up alot of targets. The more I use the nox the more I like it.. my buddy has been watching my finds and we've been comparing signals with his deus.. well that ended his relationship with his deus lol. He can only afford one detector so he now has a 600.
That’s funny because I also hunt with a Deus it’s good but the nox in all metal will find the most masked silver in the iron it does for me just go real slow!

@pulltab. all metal mode is an option provided on the detector. take the time out to read the manual that came with your piece. it's a good place to start to gain a door of understanding of what your detector is and provides

pulltab -- yes, the manual will really help, as romanceferris said. BUT -- all-metal mode (really, "no disc" mode) is easily achieved on the machine by pressing the "horseshoe" button. Doing so, in whatever mode you are hunting in, will remove all discrimination; hitting the button again will replace whatever discrimination you were using prior... In other words, it's a "toggle my discrimination settings on and off" button...

Steve

sgoss66 said:
pulltab -- yes, the manual will really help, as romanceferris said. BUT -- all-metal mode (really, "no disc" mode) is easily achieved on the machine by pressing the "horseshoe" button. Doing so, in whatever mode you are hunting in, will remove all discrimination; hitting the button again will replace whatever discrimination you were using prior... In other words, it's a "toggle my discrimination settings on and off" button...

Steve
The Equinox is the best detector I’ve used in all metal mode separation is great really helps on any area you “thought was hunted out”

Have you tried running it on 2 tones in all metal at 21 sens.? This is something I would try.

dirt lizard said:
Have you tried running it on 2 tones in all metal at 21 sens.? This is something I would try.
I will did well again today! 7 silvers today same park

Mkus, I tried it today and liked it. I found four wheat cents, two toasted Indian Head cents and a Roosevelt dime. Sounds were cleaner as you stated.

Now, I have to remember to switch back to descrim and listen for the iron grunt.

Thanks and good luck.

Tony (NJ)

MKUS,

I've used the " U " on occasion to get an idea of ALL that's under the coil but not as a primary mode. I'll have to give it a shot next time out. (Have a thaw to wait for).

Rich -

Rich (Utah) said:
MKUS,

I've used the " U " on occasion to get an idea of ALL that's under the coil but not as a primary mode. I'll have to give it a shot next time out. (Have a thaw to wait for).

Rich -
Rich it really works well you just slow down and listen for the higher tones they may be a little scratchy but dig them I was blown away at how well it separated it’s my new
Way to hunt ..
Mark

Been using 0 disc since I got my Nox. Seems to help with some targets. It's not a mode though. Park 1, Field 2 etc are modes, it's simply running 0 disc in that mode.