Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I posted this last year.. but I still wanted to share this with my family here..

Micheal_R

Staff member
It was 39 years ago today, that the young couple walked, with trembling feet and uncertain hearts, down the aisle towards a future together. They were not sure of their future together, [he had not job, nor any prospects at the time; she only did part time work gardening]. However, with love, and persistence, they defied both sets of parents and took the giant step and got married.

Times were not easy for the couple. Family, children, careers

a beautiful love affair that has only gotten better over the years Mike. How many never find that kind of love or realize it when they do.

Congratulations on both of you creating a beautiful live for yourselves. Nothing worth having comes without effort and you both figure a way to make it work. Looks and sounds like a beautiful couple to me and the post here from the people that have had the pleasure to meet both of you confirms it.

Hope you have 39 more and then some.

George-CT

The experience of knowing you and Alice have certainly enriched Carol's and my life. Somehow, I don't think Alice's work with you is finished yet.
Something about a "diamond in the rough".

I will always remember making the journey up-country to meet you foks for the first time. I didn't know what to expect as a short-time memeber of
this forum and not really knowing anyone here on a personal level. You made the invitation, I told my wife that I was going to meet some fellow
treasure hunters from the internet......she thought I'd lost my mind. Anyway, I took the first step. I arrived at your front door with three little ankle-biters
hot on my heels and a lovely lady greeting me. Now for those who have never met Mike and Alice (in person), you would be taken aback by the
warm nature and overflowing generoucity of these folks. I instinctlively smiled and put out my hand to meet her and she told me, "we don't do that around here"
and instead gave me a big, warm hug. From that moment on, I felt at home, as if I'd known these folks for a long time. As well, I met Royal on that trip
and found, in this gathering, two men who shared my thoughts on nearly every subject. How comfortable is that?

So when you hear people talk about how nice these folks are or what a beautiful place they have.....take that to the bank! I'm proud to know them.

(especially now that Mikie's learning to work with wood:biggrin:)

But on a more serious note, Alice and I have been blessed... how many people can meet their perfect ,mate on the first go-round.. And then to have such friends as to enrich our lives to such an extent.

Personally, I feel so fortunate to have met you and Carol, Royal, Linda , Wayne... in person. It is a true justification of human nature. I would love to have the chance to meet everyone on the forum.... and God and time willing, i hope to be able to do just that.

But metal is still my medium of choice.

calm seas, fair winds

Mikie

n/t

n/t

n/t

n/t