Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I posted this a while back but I am re doing it for Arkie [and anyone else who missed it]

Micheal_R

Staff member
These are found with some regularity on the lakes... Hopefully, when Royal and the others come up this year, we will find some more.

Sunny skies

M

n/t

You say that they are common up there...the clear crystal arrowhead? I have only one in my collection, but it is not as clear or nice as that one. It is mounted in one of the shadow boxes on the wall and I will see if I can take a picture of it later tonight. Thanks for posting the photo. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

The others are, if not common, at least not that uncommon. There are people in the valley who can go out and find one or two in an afternoon. I have not got the eye yet so I will be learning for a while yet. :)

sunny skies

M

look for an arrowhead as per se.....train you eyes to look for something out of place, like something that is a different color or not normal. Very seldom is the entire arrowhead exposed. I keep my eyes constantly moving, looking for something that is not normal. After a while, you will start finding arrowheads on a regular basis. For example, after many years of exposure to the weather, some of the arrowheads down in this area will get a smoke white look to them, and become easy to spot after you first find one or two. Also, many times a scraper will indicate a camp site.

I use what I call a snake stick when looking for arrowheads. It is a broom handle with a headless nail on one end...easy to flip a stone with it without having to bend over. Also good for keeping a snake at arm's lenght. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

...did you mention you knew Axelson ? he is a member of our detector club.Great finds,thanks for sharing. So long Orlando bc

...it is an outstanding piece of handiwork. I have NEVER seen anything so mysterious, in the way of arrowheads.

I wonder what the last human thought that touched it? I wonder what the guy thought as he was making it? Was it for that special religious hunt or mayby it was a gift to honor his grandfather.

If I ever find something that unique, holding it in my hand, I would just have to sit down by the nearest tree and thank the good Lord for it, because it just HAD to be so special to the one who created it, the one who used it and finally the one who lost it.

It is a special link to past generations. Cherish it and pass it down to a younger generation when the time comes.

Thanks for posting and for sharing. They are simply beautiful! <><

aj

...has to be the most special.

It HAD to be special to the one that made it...to the one that used it...and to the one that lost it.

Now it is special to you, the one that found it.

There is something to be said when one finds a link to dozens of generations past. I think if I ever found one of that caliber, I would just have to sit down next to the nearest tree and thank the good Lord for such a special gift.

I wonder what was going through the Indian's head as he flecked away at it until it was made. Maybe it was for a special ceremonial hunt or for a special presentation. Then I wonder what went on in the person's mind when he realized that it was missing. Would it not be akin to one losing a diamond ring?

But now you have it and you have shared it with us. It is so very special and unique.

Treasure it forever and then, pass it to a new generation when the time comes.

Thanks for a great post. Don't know how I missed it last time. Have a great day. <><

aj

(This is my second post. My first one lot lost in cyberspace, I reckon)

n/t

We did the bottle thing, diving, detecting... sorta all of it at one time or another

We used to find arrowheads over on willows beach too. But never a quartz crystal one.. :)

sunny skies

M

But when Royal and the others come up here, I guess I will have to watch it. Last year, he would not stop whining about my gold coins:rofl::rofl: He even tried to talk me out of it, the sneaky devil.

Sunny skies

M

Gotta look at a lot of glass to find the quartz

Sunny skies

m

Sure looks good in the cabinet though :)

Calm seas

M