Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

"I Pledge Allegiance To The Flag..."

I am not wanting to cause trouble but, looking on from afar, I don't see America as "One Nation" but rather a loose coalition of warring tribes.

It does not seem to me anyway that you are "Under God" in that your Laws etc reflect what God says, anymore than ours do.

You're not even allowed to mention the Lord's name in certain situations, so are you "under God"?

"Indivisible." Sorry, but from the outside looking in you seem to be tearing yourselves apart.

"Liberty and Justice for all" provided you have the funds to defend yourself and you are not part of a minority in society.

It is wonderful to have such ideals, and it would be even more wonderful to live by them. But humans are not like that.

The only allegiance that will work is having an allegiance to our Lord Jesus Christ who has the power to change human hearts so that such high ideals may be realised.

It won't happen until He returns, so let's look for that day.

Please don't be offended by my remarks, but repeating a creed, with hand on heart, does not change that heart, and that is what the problem is for all of mankind.

There is no hope in politics or creeds, as worthy as the ideals within creeds may be.

We used to do something similar here. Our public school creed was "We honour our God, We serve our King, We salute our flag", repeated every Tuesday morning.

That was about as good as it got here, but that's all gone now.

These days the world seems to worship trees.

The only worthy "creed" for lost mankind is "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved."

That is the first step to everything else and without it creeds are just empty (but noble) words.

Need to watch this, oldie but great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKM3me0K2os

Jim