Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I played at an extended care facility, today......

warthog

...with my regular Friday morning jam group. We get together and play Praise and Worship/Gospel/ country music on Friday mornings, ,each one of us gets a turn, everybody else plays along: guitars, banjo, mandolin....these folks at the facility were SOOO gracious, we got many compliments..One of my fellow musician/Believer friends that attends every week told me that everybody in our group is EXTREMELY envious of my guitar playing ability, it's kind of embarrassing to be told these things.....I've played 53 years, this year, written a number of my own Praise and Worship songs, but: Have no plans, for 'trying for the big time', I even wrote a song talking about this. I'm being used by God, for His praise and glory. It's all I need, amen.!!...it seems a lot of folks trying to 'hit the big time', are just after recognition from this world. Not for me, thanks.....ALTHOUGH, being a touring Christian musician sounds interesting.........

I think that is awesome! I'm trying to get some people together to do something every few months at an apartment complex where most of the residents are elderly.
I would love to hear you. That "kind of embarrassing" thing I can relate to. You're playing for God's glory and not yours. May the Lord bless you with many more years of playing for Him!

~Sis digger

You need to email me some more of you playing like you did a few years ago.

Yes indeed, it's a good thing to bring comfort through music. In NY, I performed with a few community stage bands on Pleasantville, Mamamroneck, Bronxville, and Yonkers, that performed for senior citizens at nursing homes, residences, apartment complexes. Very rewarding, and it keeps one in shape music wise. God bless all of you.

Philo