Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I picked up a explorer XS pro

SearchingMass

I bought a gently used minelab explorer xs with inline sunray probe 10" stock coil, 8" coil almost new and <insert drumroll here> the band new 11" coil also got brand new batterys new sunray stand and new aluminium cuff. i can't wait to try it out i have never used minelab but i hear and see great things!

Buy yourself the Whites velcro strap for the Herke armrest as its about the only thing missing..A word to the wise use Quickstart until you get familiar with unit and swing coil very slow and close to ground and should be good to go..As far as I am concerned XS once they got the bugs out of the original was a super unit...I hope sep 00 comes up on screen as it was the later XS that replaced the Dec 99 original..

n/t

My X-1 Probe is ty-rapped to the battery housing....I would be worried about it being too close to the coil.....and also it would seem heavier I would think....also do not get the stock 10.5 coil in water...that is how I ruined mine.....it sounds like a somba rattle now....it is not water proof.....The 7.5 ML coil is awsome and so is the 11" pro coil.. those 2 are water proof and use them all the time in water......the stock 10.5 is harder to pinpoint with, so I suggest you use the 7.5" or 11" to start with....just till you get use to it....beware about the lower rod cover at the very bottom....they have a tendency of falling off....it is ok if lost...just not the same as new....

Hope you figure it out and dig lots of Relics, Coins and Gold!

If you swing left handed the probe and switch are handy on the side shown in the pics. If your right handed flip the upper shaft over to locate the switch and probe to the left side of the machine for easy access. Also, I have always had my probe on both of my XSs and my Etrac in the same location as yours. Have not had any problems with the probe being that close to the coil. (The upper shaft is aluminum, and it doesn't react with the coil.) Good luck with the machine!!

Thanks everyone and special thanks to NH BOB I bought the package from him at streeters electronics in NH. I used the machine once with the probe mounted on the upper shaft and found it made it front heavy so i mounted it next to the battery and has been working out fine. I took it out for a couple of test runs at the beach and I got some wheats and a silver ring so I think im starting to get it. :look: