Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I need your input or any professional help with my problem.

Danny (OBX)

I need your input or any professional help with my problem.
I have a Fisher CZ 70.

1. I can only raise my sensitivity no higher than 4 without getting false readings or bouncing tones at every swing.
2. I turn my volume/discrimination down to 1 with the sensitivity above 4 and it makes does not make a big difference, but it does help.
3. I do ground balance and it does not make any difference either.
4. This problem is happening if I am at the beach (salt mode) or in the woods relic (normal mode) hunting 100 miles away from the beach.
5. At every swing, the loud tone occurs and it is awful

Just some general questions which may or may not help.

1. Does it act the same in All Metal mode.
2. I've never used a CZ-70, so will the machine turn on without a coil attached? If it will, does swinging the machine without the coil cause a sound?
3. With the machine set up making the noises, does swinging the coil while held out in front of you make the sound? And does swinging the coil overhead make the sound?
4. Have you removed the batteries and inspected the contacts/wires to see if they are corroded/frayed so that movement might cause a voltage drop to the machine?
5. Have you removed the batteries and let the machine set for a couple minutes to do a cold re-boot?
6. Have you changed all the batteries to new alkalines?
7. Is the display reacting also like the changes in sound?

HH
BarnacleBill

I think I will just call Fisher Lab and see if I can send it in for some R&R. Maybe they can fix the issue without loosing any depth. I can get several inches in depth anytime I am going more than 4 on my sen. Thanks... And if there are any more ideas, I am open...

I can't go past four on my machine. I don't put vol past 5. Try lower sens and see what happens. Try a clean spot to ground bal, take your coil cover off try another coil. Wrap the coil nice and tight around the shaft. Jiggle it. Or send it back to Fisher!

I had two CZ7A'S and both were very erratic with the sensitivity past 4.I think the targets were deeper at 4 than when the CZ was at six because all of the hyper static.Same ground area my CZ5 and CZ3D could run at max sensitivity without this problems.But the CZ7A's still had excellent depth.

1. Does it act the same in All Metal mode.
Yes
2. I've never used a CZ-70, so will the machine turn on without a coil attached? If it will, does swinging the machine without the coil cause a sound?
Good ?, I will have to check this.

3. With the machine set up making the noises, does swinging the coil while held out in front of you make the sound? And does swinging the coil overhead make the sound?

4. Have you removed the batteries and inspected the contacts/wires to see if they are corroded/frayed so that movement might cause a voltage drop to the machine?
All ok

5. Have you removed the batteries and let the machine set for a couple minutes to do a cold re-boot?
Tried that too

6. Have you changed all the batteries to new alkalines?
Yes

7. Is the display reacting also like the changes in sound?
Yes, All functions are working great and with sound. Tones are not changed. When I up my sen. above 4, I increase my depth, but I have to turn down my discrim to be able to stand the bouncing sound.

Maybe it is the iron plate in my head......... Just kidding

in your vehicle where it could have gotten hot? I had bought a used CZ that operated just like you are saying and the Tech felt that heat had caused some drift in the components or something to that effect.

Tom.