Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I need some help

HISTORYDIGGER

I also posted on Tresure depot but with 80 views no one has answered. What is a good scoop to use for the water and wet sand thanks for any help.

Wrong one I dont use the 2 pc one I have the one pc.
RTG 6" MONSTER ALUMINUM WATER SCOOP
(#RTG6M)
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?26,200813,200826#msg-200826

Digger,

My own experiance shows that a scoop with holes works best in the water and wet surf sand. Sand stays in the scoop a little longer in one with holes, so the sand you scoop out does not fill directly back in. A scoop with holes is harder to shake out the sand on the upper wet sand that no longer has the surf water running on it and they work well in the dry sand. The other factor to this is size of the holes that are drilled and the frequency. A scoop with a mesh end works well everywhere, your holes fill in quickly in the surf because most of the sand you scoop out just drops out right back in. A long handle is a must if you go into swimming holes and saves your back and kness. A knock down model is nice but not required only if you have a small vehicle. A aluminum scoop with holes would be the best choice for the beach. I use a stainless one that is really beefy only beacause I dig in rivers and local swimming holes with hard bottems and rocks. My scoop bolts on so I can swap out scoop types from holes to mesh and the handle also breaks down into three pieces.

Oh well my two cents worth.