Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I need some comments on my problem I am having on my Golden UM

Tinfoil

If you would be so kind as to go down to the Vintage Detector part of the forum and help me out some. I need some help here. I would have posted it here but I don't know what is allowed and not allowed here. Thanks for your help in advance. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

You can ask any question or help with any Tesoro unit on this forum. You don't have to go to the Vintage sub-forum.

Well it is about a Golden UM and Shadow 19khz coil. Not interested in comments (whining) about the Shadow. Thanks Sven. Care to comment on my problem. Thanks HH Jerry Aka Tinfoil

Tinfoil said:
Well it is about a Golden UM and Shadow 19khz coil. Not interested in comments (whining) about the Shadow. Thanks Sven. Care to comment on my problem. Thanks HH Jerry Aka Tinfoil

The Golden is on 10khz, the Shadow coil is 19khz. You need the Shadow X2 (coil) manufactured by Tesoro for Troy, based on the Silver Sabre.

The 19khz coil you have is for the X3 manufactured by Fisher for Troy.

Two complete different coil and circuit designs

Yep I need the 7" off the shadow X2. I remember now why I still have the Super 9 ". It was off my X3 I had. I knew the X3 and The X5 coils were swappable. Hell I don't know why I sent that super 9" in with my Golden's. I just thought 5 pin and skinny gray cord and a shadow coil will work on the Golden just forgot about the KHZ difference and did not check. . Just did not think enough about it. Well it did work a little bit. LOL :rofl:. Just a case of CRS but, you get that when you are 72 :crazy:. I am surprised Carl got it to even work on my Golden at Tesoro. Wait till I call Rusty. He is going to get a kick out of this one. Wait till I tell him he is going to have to retune the new Golden to my 8x9 coil. I guess I will send him $50 to tune it cause it was my mistake. I love the lifetime warranty but this is my mistake and I would not want him to fix my stupid mistake. Maybe I will call my buddy and see if he has any 7" X2 coils he might trade for a 9" super coil with a short cord. I have got all the coils for my X5 S/N 006 just had the extra super 9" I had in a drawer. I would sell all 18 detectors I have before I sold my X5. I was a dummy to get rid of my X3. Should have kept it too. OK guys after thinking about all this I got it figured out . Thanks for all the help. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

amberjack...

You only need 3 more to tie and 4 more to beat Tinfoil........

18 is the current amount of detectors i have at the moment and at last count 45 coils,interesting enough the only detector that i have ever sold about 10 years ago was a Troy X5,had bought it brand new and use it for a year and 100s of use hours but just could not gel with it,so when someone offered me basically the same as what i paid for it,i sold it straight away.

Hombre said:
amberjack...

You only need 3 more to tie and 4 more to beat Tinfoil........

:lmfao: one game I hope I don't win , I am only a pup at this detector collecting game :blowup:

bit of fun hey !!

AJ

Mega said:
18 is the current amount of detectors i have at the moment and at last count 45 coils,interesting enough the only detector that i have ever sold about 10 years ago was a Troy X5,had bought it brand new and use it for a year and 100s of use hours but just could not gel with it,so when someone offered me basically the same as what i paid for it,i sold it straight away.

same goes for you too :buds: sorry but I am cacking myself laughing right now :rofl: its just good to know I am not alone , I don't like feeling alone :wave: so I am in good company just wondering what 4 detectors I need :throw:

AJ

7 inch X2 coil is a good one. I've got one but currently don't have a detector to put it on unless I put a connector on the Compadre. Not going to let this coil go though. One of these day's I'll run across another one of the right detectors at the right price to match the coil. My detector count is up there too. One of these spring cleanings I may thin out the arsenal. I do have a couple of detectors I'm not using very much ...
Cheers,
tvr

X2 (shadow super 7) is a great coil and I hope you can find one. I got lucky when purchasing my Deleon it had one. Both the coil and the detector were way out of whack but sent them in and had the coil rebuilt and tunes and the Deleon tuned to it. I may use it on my other epsilon detectors, but it's the only one for my Deleon. (Plus if I did wanna switch I'd have to send it in. The Cortes and Deleon have to be tuned to the coil for the processor to work right)

But any epsilon coil will work for your golden. So while you look, grab a cheap 8" concentric donut and get out there hunting!!!
Good luck and happy hunting

Stoof-tabsallday said:
X2 (shadow super 7) is a great coil and I hope you can find one. I got lucky when purchasing my Deleon it had one. Both the coil and the detector were way out of whack but sent them in and had the coil rebuilt and tunes and the Deleon tuned to it. I may use it on my other epsilon detectors, but it's the only one for my Deleon. (Plus if I did wanna switch I'd have to send it in. The Cortes and Deleon have to be tuned to the coil for the processor to work right)

But any epsilon coil will work for your golden. So while you look, grab a cheap 8" concentric donut and get out there hunting!!!

don't believe everything people tell you that ask for money after they tell you :blowup: I let you work out what that means.

AJ

amberjack said:
Stoof-tabsallday said:

don't believe everything people tell you that ask for money after they tell you :blowup: I let you work out what that means.

AJ

Ditto,what he said :)

It is a fact that you have to get the Cortez, Deleon, the Golden and the saber ll to work to there best must be tuned to the coil you are running. The rest of Tesoro detectors not sure of this but, if I changed coils on one I would send it in to Tesoro. That is what I would do. all you got to do is send the control box and the coil and that's it. Pay shipping one way and if you are the original owner they do it free and send it back to you. I don't know of any other business that does that. The Troys Had a lifetime but, are out of business and ran out of parts to fix the machines. Luckly they are fine machines and keep on working like a lot of my Tesoros. Me I want them running to get the max out of the machine I can. And as far as the comment on don't believe what you been told, why would they fix them for free. If you bought it second hand you get what you pay for and you might get lucky if you find someone like me that keeps there machines in the best of shape to buy it from and ain't afraid to spend a nickel to get it done. Anyway get out and hunt some. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil

Tinfoil said:
It is a fact that you have to get the Cortez, Deleon, the Golden and the saber ll to work to there best must be tuned to the coil you are running. The rest of Tesoro detectors not sure of this but, if I changed coils on one I would send it in to Tesoro. That is what I would do. all you got to do is send the control box and the coil and that's it. Pay shipping one way and if you are the original owner they do it free and send it back to you. I don't know of any other business that does that. The Troys Had a lifetime but, are out of business and ran out of parts to fix the machines. Luckly they are fine machines and keep on working like a lot of my Tesoros. Me I want them running to get the max out of the machine I can. And as far as the comment on don't believe what you been told, why would they fix them for free. If you bought it second hand you get what you pay for and you might get lucky if you find someone like me that keeps there machines in the best of shape to buy it from and ain't afraid to spend a nickel to get it done. Anyway get out and hunt some. HH Jerry aka Tinfoil
You only need to send in models with factory set GB.
Cortes has GB but only affects the all metal mode. The disc GB is preset, so need to be tuned to the coil.
But any one with GB control knob you don't need to send in.