Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I NEED A FRESHWATER/SALTWATER MACHINE HELP..ADVICE

Roman44

I am going to purchase a detector that I can primarily use in Michigan [all freshwater] but on rare occasions take to Florida. I have been reading all of your posts and pictures and dream of doing what you all do. I wish I could find the things that you find. Well I have sold some prized possessions of mine on ebay to purchase such a detector. And it is all your fault, just kidding. You have truly inspired me to water detect. Now I need your expert advice. What machine would work best for primary fresh water and occasional saltwater. If you do not want to post on this forum email me at klmtp@netzero.com. Thank you. Remember I am new to water detecting and I promise I will pick up all the pull tabs for one year and leave the gold for you guys. Thank you Jeff.

n/t

I've used my Excal in freshwater lakes and done really well with it. Of course it's great in saltwater too.

While I admit that the Excalibur is a bit much for fresh water use since most targets are relatively shallow, I believe that if you are detecting both fresh and salt water you can't go wrong with one. I especially like how it discriminates iron.
Tt

I think the 800 will serve you better for target separation. You will find that fresh water is MUCH more trashy than salt, as there is not as much deterioration of metals there. The ferrous null on the Excal will allow you to cover an enormous amount of water and you will get the gold. Do your research, I assure you there are areas where you live that will rival the surf areas we hunt. The Tigershark would also be an excellent choice (for fresh water), but when you get to salt water, it will have falsing issues. The Head Hunter Wader/Diver, I have personally used and they work excellent in fresh water, but the salt performance was very poor, as compared to the Excalibers. Good luck with your decision.
[attachment 51777 emblem.JPG]
GH