Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I met the most interesting person today...................

Kelley (Texas)

His name was Enrique Jose Martinez, a native Mexican on a visit to San Antonio. He spoke broken English and we had some difficulty communicating with each other.

It appears that he buys and sells heavy road and construction machines in the southern part of Mexico. I listened to some of his stories for well over an hour and wish we could have spent the entire day together. He told about his company building some roads in some of the jungles and mountains of Mexico...told about what life was like in some of the Mexican villages, the wild animals of Mexico, and towards the end, we started talking about some of the ancient ruins that he has encountered.

He said that in the jungle parts of Mexico, especially where old ancient sites are located, you must be careful of the snakes...lots of snakes! He also said that it was extremely dangerous to take relics from the old historical sites...must be extremely careful and be prepared to bribe many people. He said that many folks have died trying to smuggle gold treasure out of Mexico and into the United States.

As we parted ways, we exchanged e-mail addresses. He said that he comes to San Antonio several times a year and he will e-mail me before he makes the next trip here. I would love to spend an evening with him and find out more about the treasure sites down there. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i don't know how far north the fer de lance species of snake goes but if their in southern mexico i wouldn't want to met one,the enzymes in their venom causes the flesh to rot off:huh:.

They are incredible. I visited Chichen itz

Ruins, historical sights..... fascinating to me!!

sunny skies

M

n/t