Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I LOVE GOLD!!!

I'm pretty new to this hobby(2 months)and while I've found many coins, I've found only one ring and it's silver. So, I'm curious. Where did you find these rings, what did they sound like, conductivity and ferrous numbers, and how much junk do you dig to find them?

I was two hours today in an old city park about 80 miles from where I live, and found 3 clad quarters, 6 clad dimes, and 30 pennies, only 3 of which were wheaties; 1920, 1941, 1950.

Also, I am brand new to this forum and really enjoy the photos and stories. Thanks.

AT THE BEACH I ACTUALLY MEANT TO POST ON THE OTHER FORUM. BUT AS FAR AS WHAT THEY SOUND LIKE ITS LOW TONES IF YOUR IN THE CONDUCT MODE. I HUNT ON LAND IN THE FERROUS TONES THOUGH. IF YOUR IN THE DIGITAL SCREEN YOUR CONDUCTIVTY NUMBERS ARE LOW, ALOT OF TIMES 00. YOURE FERROUS CONTENT WILL VARY. WHEN IT COMES TO FINDING GOLD ON LAND GET USED TO DIGGING ALOT OF FOIL!!!!! HOPE THIS HELPS:twodetecting:

James told me about the gold rings you been finding, like to hear this as it inspires us all to get out and find some ourselves.
Nice bunch of rings and would be nice to return the class rings if you could.

Good Luck Rich

Rick

I especially like the first Class Ring shown. Now that is a very nice looking Ring! Nice Diamond Ring also. Hey Rich, all you have to do is picture the finds your son has found for the year and that should really give your kid something to talk about and feel good about. Have you thought about that before? I think you should do it and then tell him to come over to the computer and suprise him and show him you posted all his finds. Great finds Rich and can't wait to see what else you come up with this year. Good Luck and HH.

Me Too, and those are really nice finds. I love to take a break from land hunting and hit the lake now and then but sure don't get that many gold rings. Those class rings are nice and would be neat to see if you can return them. Congratulations and WTG

I PLAN ON PUTTING HIS STUFF ON HERE SOON. HE HAS HAD ALOT OF GOOD FINDS. IM SURE HE WILL BE PRETTY EXCITED TO SEE THE RESPONSES. I WILL SEND YOU PM WHEN I HAVE POSTED THEM. HOPEFULLY WITHIN THE NEXT WEEK JUST NEED TO CLEAN A FEW THINGS UP.

THAT SECOND CLASS RING IS 1948 MAKES THE GUY AROUND 76. iT WOULD BE COOL IF HE\SHE WERE STILL AROUND TO CLAIM IT. THATS SOMETHING I WILL WORK ON THIS WINTER WHEN GROUND IS FROZEN. DID FIND ONE CLASS RING THIS YEAR FOR A GUY THOUGH, HE WAS HAPPY TO GET IT BACK. HE HAD JUST LOST IT THAT DAY AND IT BLEW HIS MIND WHEN FOUR GUYS CAME WALKING ONTO THE BEACH WITH WATER DETECTORS. LONG STORY SHORT FOUND IT CALLED HIM AND HE CAME AND PICKED UP NEXT DAY.:spin:

And one other thing, don't let your son kick your butt to much!:rofl: Just try and keep up with him. LOL! Good Luck and HH and hope to hunt with you sometime soon.

Very nice finds. I water hunt with an excal 8". I was curious as to how you have your settings with your water machine. It doesn't seem to matter where I put my settings, doesn't seem to change. I'm from ND and the ground in the water is so hard panned that it takes forever to dig a hole.
Any tips in the water? I've been using my machine for 3 years and finally found my first gold ring in ND.

You might know him but I am not sure. He lives in Minnesota and hunts the lakes around the area. Couldn't tell you what his settings are but thought you would like to know he isn't a stranger and I know him and have detected with him on land before. Hope you have been getting out and hope to see you at the fall club hunt on August 19th.

I USE THE EXCAL 1000 AND MY SON (10 YRS) USES 800. WE BOTH HAVE DISCRIM AT 1, VOL MAX. NOW WHEN IT COMES TO SENSITIVITY I BOUNCE BACK AND FOURTH BETWEEN AUTO AND 11 TO 12 OCLOCK SETTING(I KEEP MY SON IN AUTO). IT DEPENDS ON HOW PICKED OVER THE BEACH IS. IF ALOT OF TARGETS IM IN AUTO UNTIL I HAVE SOME OF THE SURFACE TARGETS CLEANED UP(SEVERAL VISITS). THEN I WILL EXPIERMENT WITH MANUAL SENS. IF YOUR AT A BEACH THATS QUIET AND YOU THINK ITS BEEN HUNTED ALOT THEN YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO THE MANUAL SETTINGS TO TRY AND GET THOSE DEEPER ONES OTHER GUYS HAVE MISSED. HUNTING WATER IS ALOT LIKE LAND AS FAR AS WHAT THE MACHINE IS TELLING YOU. THE SQUEAKERS OR FAINT SIGNALS ARE WORTH CHECKING OUT ESPECIALLY IF TARGETS ARE SCARCE. THERE HAS BEEN MANY TIMES IVE PULLED SOME DEEP ONES BY CHECKING THESE OUT. NOW IF YOU TAKE A SCOOP OR TWO AND THE SIGNAL DOSENT GET STRONGER BUT NULLS THEN PROBALLY JUNK. THEN THERES THE SIGNALS THAT ARE TALKING TO YOU NEXT TO JUNK, BROKEN BUT NOT THE NORMAL JUNK SIGNALS. ITS LIKE ITS SAYING IM HERE BUT HIDDING, USALLY A SCOOP OR TWO WILL HELP CONFIRM THIS ALSO. NOW KEEP IN MIND IF IM AT A BEACH FOR THE FIRST TIME AND TARGETS ARE FAIRLY PLENTIFUL I HUNT NORMALLY AND DONT WASTE ALOT OF TIME ON LAST TWO METHODS UNTILL FUTURE VISITS. NOW THE THING THAT REALLY HELPS IS GOOD RECOVERY EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS A NUMBER GAME WHEN IN THE WATER IF IT REPEATS I DIG IT !!!!!!!!!! SO THE FASTER YOU FIND THE TARGET THEN THE MORE YOU INCREASE YOUR ODDS. I BUILT A SIFTER OUT OF 4" THIN WALL PVC AND USED PLASTIC MESH SCREEN WITH ZIP TIES A LITTLE MORE TO IT THAN THAT BUT YOU GET THE IDEA. THER IS NO METAL ON IT ANY WHERE SO I CAN SCAN TO FIND TARGETS AFTER SIFTED. IF IM IN REALLY TRASHY AREA I WILL TAKE MULTIPLE TARGETS BEFORE CHECKING TO SEE MY FINDS. NOW FOR THE SCOOP HANDS DOWN AND I DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS BUT IN THIS AREA YOU HIT ALL KINDS OF GROUND CONDITIONS WHEN HUNTING BEACHS. SANDY, ROCKY,MUDDY,WEEDY, YOU NAME IT. THE SCOOP I USE IS THE SUNSPOT SCOOP!!!!!!!!! I WILL NEVER,NEVER,NEVER WATER HUNT WITHOUT ONE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WATER HUNT WITH SEVERAL DIFFERENT GUYS AND THEY ARE ALL GETTING ONE NOW. THE SUNSPOT IS THE SAME THING TO WATER HUNTING THAT THE X1PROBE IS TO LAND HUNTING. HOPE THIS HELPS FEEL FREE TO PM ME IF YOU NEED MORE INFO ON SIFTER OR SCOOP:minelab:

Very nice rings there Alfano..........:) I would say that you have done pretty well so far this year. Keep up the great finds and looking forward to seeing some more of your ring finds. HH.

Eddie