Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just watched the most incredible adventure video

Royal

Ewan McGregor and Charlie Boorman took a motorcycle ride from England to NYC. What an adventure http://www.longwayround.com/intro.htm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006B3UE6/026-1610571-7694862

You sure don't have to be into biking to find this adventure riviting. Those guys went through hell. Mongolia, Russia, and a some of the Stans. The road of bones in Russia, Etc..

Not all actors are like Streisdan and Madona. These two amazed me at the hardships they confronted and overcame.

[attachment 20141 longwayround2.jpg]

The people they met along the way were just amazing in how friendly and helpful they were.

who rode a moped several thousand miles through Canada one summer. He carried a bed roll and some supplies on that moped, camping as he traveled. I found the story while doing a Google search about moped motor bikes.

Cierlast posted a link in the past that told about a woman riding a motorcycle on a trip in Russia. It is amazing what some folks will do for an adventure while riding a motorcycle...many times riding cross country with just the clothes on their backs. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

they were on their own for the most part. I could not have gone through what the did, when I was at my best. They sure impressed me. So did the people they met on the way.

This is a DVD set that I would recommend to anyone!! Just amazing. It shows from the beginning when they were making preparations to the very end in NYC. Over 15000 miles on two wheels, for the most part. The people they met were amszing and it makes a person appreciate what we have...

i kind of like to see some of eastern europe,bet they did meet some interesting people.much of the world still lives without the conviences we take for granted.

n/t

in one hut in Mongolia they were setting aroung a caldren of boiling nuts. Goat and steer. There was a goats head fed to them in one place. There were places they saw and people they met that I never knew existed. In Russia they took one road called, I think "The Road of Bones" where Stalin sent two million people to their deaths. They died building the road.

not enjoying this thing. It is a two DVD set and I think it is around eight hours long. I will sure the heck watch it again

I gave me a respect for those two that I do not normally accord movie stars!! :)

calm seas

M

You ought to get the DVD!! It is one that I will watch more than once