Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just sent a letter separation to my old Church....

warthog

...This latest incident is just one of many,that has occurred between me and my old Church..........This time,all they said was justification as to why I was overlooked, and another "good friend" there practically blamed me,"YOU were the one that moved across the state".........SO:I have decided it is time,"you go your way;I will go mine"...........I should have done this LONG ago. Steve.

then move on and attend another church regularly...I am always free to attend or visit any church that I choose to do so! The church I belong to is Jesus' Christ's Church and then I am directed to a Spirit-filled church for the feeding of God's righteousness and holy word with a spirit-filled pastor who loves the Lord with all their heart, soul, spirit and strength! Where you can be truly fed with the truth is where a person should attend....but these are my thoughts and the way I believe and does not necessarily means others need to believe this way! In Christ, we are free to believe and worship His Holy Word for His protection and blessings in His caring love, for He cares for us! :angel: Ma

Amen Ma, right now I'm having a real struggle with what I call "twang and bang" (guitar & drum) music in churches today. My wife likes it, but it puts me in such a foul mood, I might as well not be there for the rest of the service. I still like hymns accompanied by piano and/or organ. Roger

I'm in agreement with you, Roger. I've always thought a church was a place of reverence; God's house. And like you, I enjoy the old hymns accompanied be piano, organ & choir. If I want to hear 'twang & bang', I'll go somewhere other than church. I use to attend a non-denominational church that believed in and accepted 'twang & bang' and by mid service I simply couldn't take it anymore and had to leave. After listening to all the noise, I wasn't in a worshipping mood any longer.

Martin, I'm so glad at least one other person agrees with me on music in church. Of course the excuse for twang and bang is that they need that to attract young people. Good plan, bring in the young and drive out the old. I went to seminary, but I'm glad I never became a preacher. Roger

I play guitar at our Church,I am alone mostly,I do not play amplified,no other instruments.......I do know,what you mean about the "twang and bang"thing you mention,wherein the only thing accomplished,is the creation of a lot of annoying noise.Real music in Church is NOT how loud and annoying you can get,Some have forgotten that.....The MESSAGE you are conveying,is #1 priority......There is a song I will be doing this Sunday,to address all the murders/ suicides,that have been taking place in our area...It is done by the Eagles...Not a Gospel song per se,but a great message,entitled"HOLE IN THE WORLD".......There's a hole in the world tonite/Theres a cloud of fear and sorrow/There's a hole in the world tonight/Dont let there be a hole in the world tomorrow"......Just me and my guitar,nothing more......Sometimes,the less noise you make,the better off you are...

I may ruffle a couple of feathers here but I love the loud heart pumping worship. I feel like God is surrounding me, hugging me, lifting me up.
Maybe it's because as a child I did not enjoy attending Church at all. It was an Ukraine Orthodox service that seemed to last all day and I never understood what they were saying or singing. lol. My parents would make us attend the service instead of the Sunday school. Needless to say I was a very bored little fellow who just wanted to sit down. I bet if I went back to that type of service today I would find beauty in its traditions but I do not know if would enjoy the worship part of it.
An unplugged accoustical song I totally could get into. Would love to here you play Warthog!

a time when I attended a small Pentecostal church with my brother and his family and her father! The music was so LOUD and annoying that a normal person could not enjoy listening to it! After church service, Wanda's dad was asked how he liked the music and he told them maybe he would have liked it if they had been down the road a mile or two! :shrug: I don't like too loud music or anything, although I am hard of hearing now, but too loud still hurts my ears and is annoying! Never liked going to a circus or the Elephants performing for that reason....they played the music so loud that it was too uncomfortable! I cannot imagine how babies take it with their delicate hearing....most will be stone death now with the younger generation playing music so loudly in their cars and homes! :thumbdown: May God Bless you and Roger and everyone who play music and serve God in church attendance! Amen! :angel: Ma