Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just read a great 'found and returned' story over on Facebook.....

warthog

Somebody recently found a silver men's bracelet on a beach in Florida,with the names of four soldiers engraved on it and the date Jan.25,2009.Didn't say if it was found detecting or not.It was lost by a fellow soldier there 2 years ago,the rightful owner has been found and is being returned...I told them GOOD JOB!!!!!!.I have found rings a couple times and got them to the rightful owners,it is a great feeling,to be able to do this.How many of us here have found and returned something to a very grateful owner???

returned 9 rings over 3 summers. Many other items over the years. Some were valued at over $4000

I'll tell you what...when I started in this sport 4yrs ago, never in my mind was the idea of such an opportunity to witness to people through a lost item...all I wanted was an excuse to get outdoors and find things to satisfy a primal urge to hunt..:shrug: .very shortly afterwards, as you all have experienced, you find something of great value like a class ring or something where all of a sudden, you are thrown into a spiritual struggle with what to do...do you keep it? Do you make an effort to return it? What are we? Treasure hunters, Pirates, or do-gooders?

Its something every one of us has to wrestle with personally...I understand both sides of the argument and do not pass judgement on either side...keep, or return?..its one of those things.......

Never thought this sport would cause such a deep spiritual response.... we were all once lost and then found...so it is deeply spiritual experience to do a return, a chance to interface and witness to a complete stranger, and maybe at a time in their life when they needed it most...God gives us a little taste of the joy He got by hunting and finding Us when we were lost...at our darkest hour...so what are we to do? Pass up an opportunity like this? At the very least a guy knows God has chosen a few to go look for the lost, quite an honor! Who knows who's next for any of us this coming year? How many lives can be effected to the good in His Honor? A very strange and humbling experience....all I wanted to do was go find some pennies...sends a chill up my spine when we find something lost with a name on it...Lifes short, bigger stuff afoot, gotta deliver the Hope...whats an eternal soul worth and the honor given of taking the shot?
Mud

First time returning an item was an old lady's silver book marker with her name & such on it. She answered the door, I started to say I was detecting and found her item but she said "I don't want any" & slammed the door.

Other than that I have found several lost rings for people, one wedding band. Steve in so la