Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just figured out...

Lori

How much clad I have found over the past 3 years and it isn't much. This is give or take a few cents.

67 Quarters 16.75
99 Dimes 9.90
32 Nickles 1.60
275 Pennies 2.75

For a total of 31.00 dollars

I also found a 1936 wheatie and 3 1951's, 1952, 1956, 1957 and a 1959

I also have a 1883 IH but I found that in a storage unit not out of the ground

I also have 3 Mercs and 2 Rosies. 2 of the mercs I found in a storage unit the others in the ground.

Oh yeah a 1944 Nickle too.

Not to impressive huh? I must be the worst metal detectorist EVER!!!!!!!

Lori:

Not everyone finds the things the heavy hitters do... To most of us this is just a casual hobby..Go out when and where we can manage too.
To others it's a bit more than that.When they go out it's for hours and sometimes days on trips..Sole purpose to find as much and as Old an items as they can..They spend hundreds and hundreds of Dollars on machine and bigger , deeper coils....Spend hours learning their machines..They know almost to a fault whats under the coil from readings and sounds...and good solid research helps too.. Lori you are doing fine..It's a hobby..........enjoy it, and you will find many many more coins as you get better...."And that's the Whole Truth"...:thumbup:

yeah but look at the fun you've had and besides all the great exercise you've gotten it has kept you out of trouble.if you wanted to get rich you would have gotten a job instead of a detector-plus you've met a lot of good people on this site to help you- so only thing to do is keep swinging-the good stuff is in your future

Lori - RESEARCH!!!!!! That's the key.

You can swing a metal detector anywhere, but if there wasn't anything going on there 50+ years ago you aren't likely to get anything old.

Do the research, and your old coin and old relic total will go up.

And have fun...

I'm far from a new-agey kind of guy, but I still call it the zen of metal detecting.

When I get out and start swinging that coil its nirvana. Especially when it's been a while since I've detected. The most fun I can have outside the bedroom. Finding historic old stuff is just a bonus.

You are FAR from the worst detectorist...The worst detectorists give up shortly after they start when they realize that the goodies don't just jump out of the ground.

When I started it took me approximately 30 hours before I found my first obsolete coin...a wheat penny. And I was so happy to find that wheatie!

Now, approximately 200 wheat pennies later, I'm always glad to find a wheatie. But it takes silver or an older coin other than a wheatie to get me really stoked.

Spend some of your play time doing research, not just detecting. And not just library/internet research. Talk to older people where you detect. You'll learn not only learn a lot, you'll make them very happy. Older folks love to talk about the old times.

And keep the faith. As you get better at detecting, the finds get better too.

you would be spending more time looking in those storage units. LOL. You are doing fine. Pick some spots that have some age and listen for those high tones. HH jim tn

Lorie in Calif in one year I found Two Grand in clad I huntes one hour each day after work and one full day On sat come rain or shine

Wow, that is a lot of clad. Paid for your detector! When I find something that pays for my detector I will relax A LOT!