Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just figured out..

Lori

How much clad I have found over the past 3 years and it isn't much. This is give or take a few cents.

67 Quarters 16.75
99 Dimes 9.90
32 Nickles 1.60
275 Pennies 2.75

For a total of 31.00 dollars

I also found a 1936 wheatie and 3 1951's, 1952, 1956, 1957 and a 1959

I also have a 1883 IH but I found that in a storage unit not out of the ground

I also have 3 Mercs and 2 Rosies. 2 of the mercs I found in a storage unit the others in the ground.

Oh yeah a 1944 Nickle too.

Not to impressive huh? I must be the worst metal detectorist EVER!!!!!!!

Gosh no, are you kidding, don't beat yourself up. I had a stretch of a year where I didn't find ANY silver, nothing, nada, zippo. It wasn't until I slowed down and really started trying to understand the Explorer. Remember research the spots (you got to go where the silver is at to begin with to find it), while there take your time and slow your swing down, read the posts here there is a wealth of information to be had, and the most important of all, at first dig everything, if you don't know what the sound is, dig it, that is the only way you will learn. It also helps to meet up with a fellow veteran enthusiast so you can compare signals and such.

I have faith in you, and I before you know it, you will start to pull so many goodies out of the ground you won't believe it.

Good luck and HH.
Michelob

What!!! I always wear a Swingy Thingy. Say what you will, but it's easier and I don't worry about injury and pain when I hook on the 12X15 SEF.

Lori, I haven't counted my loot yet. Last year I think it totaled about $85.00, but I started later in the year and am learning the E-Trac. The masters on here are not a good thing to measure against. They are better at tecting than most. They probably spend more time than most doing it. And they probably get offers of good places to hunt from other enthusiasts whom they have helped. Nothing wrong with any of that except if your satisfaction in the hobby is affected by what the masters do, you're setting yourself up for continuing disappointment. If you are having fun and you think you are continuing to learn while having the fun, the good finds will be there. (Found my first silver dime last week...for this year) Betcha if we took a poll and all were honest, we are somewhere in the middle of the group in terms of finds. I found out if I go out just to relax and make friends with the detector and open myself to hearing what it is saying, I find more and have more fun. When I go out with an intense drive to find that silver, it usually ends up being a bust. Regards...Jim

I don't think I ever really go out to find "that silver" I go out to find something. Although sometimes I do get sick of finding just clad but it adds up. I just figured I would have more than 31.00 worth. I really don't spend alot of time detecting and never have. I have detected more these past two months than I have in a long time. I want to find old neat things like a SLQ or 20.00 gold piece but I don't have my heart set on it. I just would like to have someone to hunt with. Someone who knows the area and knows where to go and knows how to use a detector properly. I know I want a lot :)

But for some reason, I really feel weird about asking people if I can detect their land. I was told there was an old school across the river and I should go detect there but I cannot find it on my Google Earth. I can't find it on the internet either. It was apparently torn down about 5 years ago. I just need more time too. I have 4 and 5 year olds and they need me so I can't go whenever I want but they will be going to Grandma and Grandpa's this summer! SO I will have lots more time then!

I am so glad I found this forum and all the great people on it!

Research can be easy to do, just go to i.e. the library and look up old maps and compare to modern one's.

Or talk to old locals, ask them about places where people used to gather back in the days. Or where "big events" would take place. (i.e festivals)
They might also point out the old schools position, maybe even where they used to play etc. If you take time to listen, they will take time to talk.
Elderly people often appreciate a interest in history or at all if younger people do care.

Or read old news papers for the "big events".

You get the idea, some easy alternatives for finding older places.

I mostly have a goal; mostly at least 1 silver per hunt. (or coins before the 1900's)
Other wise I don't think it's a productive hunt.. LOL.:crazy:

Oh and about asking for permission, you can only get yes or no. I also am a bit excited every time I go out to ask.:detecting: