Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I just can not seem to get away from them

Royal

I have been painting my garage today and keep getting bothered by critters. I had to go in and get the camera and snap a few.

I was painting up near the light and the dang wasps kept buzzing me and getting into my dwindling supply of hair. I was wondering where the dang nest was and found it three inches from my dang eyeball, in the light fixture. I went back and grabbed the camera again and got this picture. I tried again to paint but they would not leave me alone and I turned them into one of Freds photographic subjects. I squirted them with wasp killer.

I thought the moth was interesting and the other bug. Now I gotta get back to work!!

from the head forward it kind of looks like a sheep or mythical unicorn type animal.the other moth looks like he had his wings washed to much and they've faded like a pair of jeans.

good to have you visit. How are you feeling now?

n/t

belong here, remember?? Just trying to get it all together. Good days, bad days, but at least days! :lol

n/t

Undoubtedly, close than I would get. I just hit them with a can of brakeclean and that solves the problem.

I really like the white moth{?] too. Beautiful

all the best

M

n/t

n/t

in the ice box for a few hours was not an option? I really can not blame you for using the wasp killer because those yellow jacket wasp are mean tempered with a nasty disposition. While I can not prove it with a Google search, I kinda think that the baby wasp bees are taught by the mama bee to hate humans...sort of a bee racism thing against humans. I personally do not want to mess with them for a while, I will find some other bugs for my macro photography.

I have never seen a bug with those colored stripes before. The patterns on the wings look like they could have been made from a bath towel, same type of pattern.

Great photos, thanks for sharing! Kelley (Texas) :)

that first photo of your "wasp" is actually a hornet. They are very aggressive down here and live in hives. They dispatch themselves to sound, so shootin' their hive with a shotgun will only make you have a really, really bad day.

Good thing you kilt 'em.

aj