Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I hit a good one yesterday

nightsout

Yesterday I got out for a quick hunt at a 1730 farm house that I had been to six years ago with my Sov and hit a 1806 1 Reale that is my fourth piece of Spanish Silver . Oh man nothing like it!! I have two 1/2 reales 177?/1789 and a 1774 2 reale but this was my first 1 reale. It was singing big time 6 inches down.When I saw the edge of the coin in a clump of dirt I said to myself boy this is going to be good that's no barber or merc its seated or better for sure! I can't find the cable for the camera hook up for a picture as soon as I do I'll post a picture for sure.
nightsout on cloud 9

n/t

WTG! Great find!

I was 2x2ing some coins tonight and finally carded what as best I could tell was an 1806 half real but I never tracked it down to see if they have that year date stamps. But if you have a 1 real, I guess so. Cool! (Appropos to the other thread next door, it has some sort of black crud on it that won't come off with acetone at least.)

n/t

Yeah, the moment you see the weird-ass milled edge some of those reales have, you know you're in for a nice find. (assuming they're not too worn for the milling to show)

I haven't gotten a reale in a few years, last one was a 1/2 reale in a field in 05. I have a total of 3, two 1 reales 1744 and 1757 and one 1/2 reale 1776.

The funny part was I hadn't gone hunting in 5 or 6 years up to that point, one day I decided to pull the old garrett out of the closet and go ask about hunting a couple fields. 1/4 of the way down the 2nd or 3rd plow row I got the 1/2 reale, within about 10 minutes of going out there. Got a penny-dime signal and saw the weird milled edge on it and knew it sure as heck wasn't a dime. Turned it over and saw "carolus dei gratia" and the bust and knew right away it was spanish silver.

Needless to say, I was hooked again, and went out and bought a DFX, and then the explorer last year.
Hunted the whole rest of the 10 acre field over the next month and hardly found anything else. (1 very worn george II copper and an 1864 indian plus a bit of newer change)

Can't wait for the pic.

nightsout said:
I have to order a new cord for the unit I have looked everywhere and can't find it.

order it? All you need is a USB transfer cable or media reader unless you have some proprietary transfer method with your camera. Staples,Walmart, Best Buy, Office MAX, Circuit City,etc any computer store would have these on hand.

We don't find stuff like in Minnesota, do we? I've never heard of it. I am looking forward to seeing that photo, Nightsout. Kudos to you. What did your wife say about it? Well, I see you've just posted the photo and I'll say it again, that is Reale cool. If I come out that way sometime, could you help me find one of those?

Edit; I was wrong. You posted photos a while ago, but i didn't see the post as first.