Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have my X-1 ordered....

wyohunter99

All of the good things I have read about the Sunray X-1 probe I decided to order one.... I used a Garrett propoint but did not like it, (not having discrimination )any little piece of metal in the hole the Garrett would sound off wich is what its suppose to do but with the disc with the x-1 maby it will work better!!!!!!

I have a Garrett too! So you are saying the X1 is not going to pick up foil or iron in
the hole as long as your settings are discriminated out?

Let me know how you like it when you get it!

Good choice wyohunter you will not regret it!

Larry, the X1 probe is a mini coil with a bypass switch integrated into the detector. When selected it becomes the main coil for the control head, the tone, ID, and settings will remain in effect. You can select the pinpoint button on the Safari to get right on top of the target, and switch back for a depth reading on the meter. The probe is sensitive for about a three inches down.

Some items of interest/observation I have experienced that may be of use to you.

1st Remove watch and rings to avoid stray signals (a no brain-er) but I have done it.

2nd The sides of the probe tip are sensitive 1 to 2 inches from the tip. Keep this in mind to avoid probing the bottom of the hole when the target may be a bit to the side.

3rd Yes I am embarrassed to admit it, do not forget to switch back to your primary coil after target recovery! There are few things as MADDENING &^#$%*! when walking a line for a few minutes amazed at how the ground is so clean, or why you get a signal every time you swing left(metal in your pocket). Only to look down at the control switch and see it is still in probe position.

Laugh now, but I promise it will happen to you, more than once!

Good Hunting! Q

You will not be dissappointed in your X-1. You won't be bothered with anything except the target unless another target is in the hole. Like Q said don' t forget to switch back to the main coil. HH :minelab:

LOL.... Ha Ha, I use to do the grab a bunch of dirt from the hole and waive it by the coil with my ring hand!!!!!