Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have come home but just before leaving the house in Roscommon

Royal

I did a last walkaround and saw this Pilated Woodpecker at the feeder by the bedroom window. They are usually pretty shy but this one is from this last years bunch and is not shy at all.

This will give you an idea how dang big they are. This was only born a few months ago :yikes: Well maybe six months :D

I had to shoot it through the bedroom window

n/t

smartazz:wacko:

i've seen some with the red tops but can't remember whether it was the whole head or just the top feathers like that one.that's a pretty good size bird for being young,if times got hard i might even be tempted to eat one:).

Here is a link to some information on them. They are very shy usually.

A couple years ago there was one out back and I tried my beat to get close enough for a decient picture. I followed that sucker all over the woods but it stayed out of range.

Finally I said to heck with it and took the camera into the house and sat it on the table. Mary was setting in the swing and I went out and sat with her. There was a suet feeder fifteen feet away.

I sat down and told her about my wasted quest for a picture and we looked up and there was one, fifteen feet away eating suet and my camera was in the house. I got a lot of ribbing over that.

This one doesn't seem to be very shy so I might be able to get some good shots this spring

That is a good picture, thanks for posting it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i was outside today,it never got above freezing,stayed about 29 to 30 with drizzle,i could hear the bluejays and a few other birds making racket,it was about dusk and though i couldn't see it i could hear a woodpecker rat a tat tattin' out there on a pine i believe,didn't see the type of woodpecker it was,like you say,i think most of them are shy.

That is some kind of beautiful country you live in!!

n/t

and there seems to be a lot of them.

They will tear a tree apart to get a grub

They can "tear up" a good tree trying to eat the bugs. If you want to feed them, they love the "dry type" cat food...set a bowl out under a tree and watch them eat it. Blue Jays like the "dry type" cat food too. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

Drop me a line once in a while so I know you are still with us!! You are part of my family, dang old Hillbilly!!

Did you do much bassing this fall or were you the fish on the line? :D

and he's really beautiful too. I wish that I could get that close to the one that roosts in my shop. He comes throught the top at the apex and has been there for about 3 weeks most every night. Sometimes he gets a little antsy and flies out in the pitch black.

Also, he stays somewhere else when its REAL cold. I looked him up in a book that I have and he's called a Northern Flicker.

Maybe I'll wait him out some evening and try to get a picture.

Good shot Royal

Lil Brother:)