Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have been out of town and am catching up. I just noticed down below

Royal

some of you thanking me for keeping this forum a going. I ain't done diddly and you all know it. I have gotten frustrated and even deleted the whole forum on time. I shouldna oughta dunit :D

You guys have made tending this forum a snap. I have only had one person post crap I had to delete because of content and he is the reason Pheonix is blocked :D

You guys tell the story's and it is a dang good thing because I spent 45 years of my life working and sure run short on story's!

Every one of you have jumped in when things were slack to wake the rest of us up and it is appreciated by all.

There are a lot of people that posted here and posted some mighty fine story's but have gone. Who was it that posted the story about climbing into Black Canyon?? Exciting story. Jim was his name. Something Jim.. Hummmm:?:

I know there are some that read but do not post and I can understand that. Some are just a bit shy I guess. I wish they would say HI occasionally though.

I want to say thanks to every one of you that have taken the time to contibute a story or post or joke to this forum. You are the ones that make this work, not I.

Thanks

You're the one riding herd on this group and we're just appreciating it!

I'll have to put on the old thinking cap and see what I can come up with.

Dave

billy don mcintire was two years older than me,but we had run around together for several years,he lived on the brick veneer end of the street and i lived on the end that had mostly regular lap siding.

funny how they did things because the two ends were divided by an intersecting street and the brick houses were built when they were starting to change from pier and beam to mostly slab construction.

billy was about seventeen and he got a 59 ford station wagon his step dad gave him.he had two half brothers and his full sister was a couple years older than him.his real father was in prison.

he and his step dad had done an abbreviated re-build on the motor,by that i mean i think they just re-ringed it and honed the cylinders and lapped the valves,no machine shop work.

the shocks and springs were wore out and when he made turns that long old station wagon would really lean,and this was a decade and a half before serious car inspections were really made.

the passenger side door had a bad hinge and they door would pop open if he made a hard left turn.

well,billy started running around with older guys around town and eventually quit school but this was just a little bit before.

it was a hot summer day and me and the wolf brothers were walking across town for some reason and just goofing off,nobody had any money so what do young teenage boys do but look for something to get into.

as we were walking billy drove by and we hollered at him to give us a ride to somewhere,so he stopped and we got in.tommy allen was in the passenger seat and we sat three across in the back seat when we got in.

tommy allen was leaning against the door with his feet propped up on the dash.we were headed down tennessee street one of the north- south main streets in town.

there was an empty bakery(sunbeam bread)that hadn't been closed to long,i can still remember they smell of the bread as you would drive bye and it would make you hungry.you could buy at the bakery and they would put it in a brown paper sack.

it was a concrete block building i think but it could of been three course brick,and it had awning type glass windows.

well it sat at the corner of tennessee and a side street.as we approched the side street billy made a hard left turn onto it and as he made the turn the door opened up and tommy allen fell backwards hanging on to the door by the window frame and with his barefeet tucked up underneath the dash.

as the car straightened out we approached a telephone pole that was set right close to the street in a grass median close to a sidewalk.

well just before we got to the telephone pole billy reached over and grabbed tommy by the t-shirt and jerked his butt back in just before the telephone pole came up with the door closing behind him as the cars weight shifted back to the other side,and i don't think he even braked that much.

the minute tommy fell out the door the two wolf brothers were howling with laughter as was i but it was kind of hairy there for a moment.

you would have to had known the wolf brothers to appreciate this but i still laugh about it to this day, that being about thirty five years ago.

:lol:just some of those people that pass us by.

used to drive. Heck, I was as happy as a clam if the thing ran at all!

Things sure change. I have a buddy that would give his kids a car to drive when they turned 16. Give it to them!

One of his daughters would not drive the one he got her because it was a four door!! she would have been walking for a long time if he was me!

i don't have to guess her problem.he didn't know how to say no to his kids.i know a couple like that,they fall harder when hard times come because their spoiled.