Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have been asked to post a picture of my wet sand shovel

brobox

The long handle shovel I use for wet sand hunting measures 6 inches wide by 8 inch blade depth. These were readily available at Lowe's and Home Depot, but they no longer carry them. The shovels they carry now have an 8 inch wide blade and are to heavy when full with wet sand to dig with one hand. I bought one and took it back as I had to set the detector down because I needed both hands to dig with the larger blade.

My first shovel purchased at Home Depot was manufactured under the brand of Tru-Temper with a lifetime warranty. After I wore it out and could not find a replacement. I called Tru-Temp and they did send me a replacement, however the name on this one is "Jackson" model J250 with the logo of "Ames" stamped on the shovel head.

The short handled shovel shown in the second photo are still available at Wal-Mart in the Spring, Home Depot and Lowe's but not the long handle models. If anybody finds a retails source, please let me know as I would sure like to buy a spare.

Using this small, long handle shovel in wet sand is so much faster than trying to get the wet sand out of a scoop that it has cut my digging time in half. The shovel head is small enough when filled with wet sand, that only one hand is need to dig with.

Chuck in Cape Coral

Could buy a replacement long handle (just the handle) and change the short handle on the shovel to a long one.

with holes drilled in it to let the water escape, worked really well.

I believe what you have is a Jackson J250 series Floral shovel 8 1/4" X 6" and sold by many. I bought mine ($13) at an OSH hardware store part number 049206194113 and found them on line at Ace Hardware Outlet
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(5cmv04vhnp4qhwntavw43rey)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=998010585

998010585.jpg