Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have an idea....It's a new concept

nymohawk

Lets see if we can really tell which detector is the best.

There are many in the top ranks of metal detecting detectors. But how do you judge a really great detector?

Is it by price? Certianly not...don't br foolish. Is it by the weight of a really lite detector...no I don't think so
How about a detector that is easy on batteries...does that make it a great detector?
No I think not!

Let's face it.....a great detector is the detector that you found your best find with right?

So I'll start you guys join in...

My Tek Turbo forund a 1500.00 ring this year! That qualifies it as the best detector I have ...Better than the GTI 2500, better than the T2...and even better than my CZ,BH's, and other Teks as well! hehehe

Yep! It's all about the finds....But the greatest metal detector I have ever used is the one in my hands at the time I'm dtecting!

NYMohawk:detecting:

First and foremost is location, I repeat, location. All vets know this, that's why we conduct research and learn what signs to look for and the likes. You can have the best detector in world but if your hunting where people have never been you won't find anything.

Then it depends on what your looking for, silver, gold, relics, etc. Then one will have to choose a detector and stick with until it becomes a tool.

HH

Edit:
If that was your only find of great value with that detector. And from this point on you only found clad. That detector would not be the best, right?

For instance. If I found 20 keepers with one detector that totalled $2,000.00, and with another detector I found 1 keeper worth $1500.00 and stopped. I would consider the better detector the one that found the most finds of total value.