Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have an Elite , should I by the GT or the Qautro?

Hi

Got both GT and Quattro.

The Quattro is only useable in clean, non iron infested sites, preferably beaches.

Collecting dust since the GT entered my life ! Far better than the elite on relics.

Look for yourself here : Minelab tests

HH

if i had to sell one of them it would be the GT! this Elite will NEVER be for sale...iv owned 5 GT's and none are as sen to Gold as this Elite..i dont know why but once in a great while you get a detector that is a cut above the rest,mabe factory internal settings are diff or something. but of all the other detectors iv owned the GT is top dog!

I know what ou mean Bling...my Gt seems to be more sensitive than most...had to dig out the pinpointer from the cupboard it's finding things so small.....never had a machine this sensitive before.Go with the GT Rod.....i've owned both and IN MY OPINION the GT is the better machine.However i used to find a lot of stuff with the quattro and i don't think you would be disappointed with either...just learn which ever machine you choose and you will enjoy it.:thumbup:

Ive never seen any difference between the elite and the gt so getting a gt would be having two of the same detectors. If you want a metered minelab consider a explorer or etrac, I know those work good. never tried the safari but might be worth the research.
certainly have found what bling talks about, there are variances in detectors as well as coils(performance).
if you consider other detectors, either a F75 or Tejon are both excellent detectors as well.

nick hunter said:
Hi

Got both GT and Quattro.

The Quattro is only useable in clean, non iron infested sites, preferably beaches.

Collecting dust since the GT entered my life ! Far better than the elite on relics.

Look for yourself here : Minelab tests

HH

nick I wouldnt put to much stock in those tests, or any other site that puts up that kind of info. I know the elite/gt stuff they post is not correct or they had two wildly different units they tested. have also seen different results on one of the tesoros they posted. might be that way where they live, but certainly doesnt equate to where Im at.

If I had and Elite and wanted to compliment it with another machine, a good one, on a budget... I would choose a used Tesoro Tejon with a 5.75 DD HOT coil. With those two machines you should be able to hunt most anywhere, in any conditions, for any target.

If money isn't a concern get an E-TRAC and a used Tejon.

IMO,

Julien

you will need a multi freq detector like the GT,Elite,Explorer,CZ20/21,Excal......the Tejon is a great land detector and quite deep but it will go nuts around wet salt beach as with any other single freq detector.you will have to turn sen so far down to get it to run you will have little depth.i dig dimes @ 15" in wet salt sand with my GT and Elite w/S12 coil...my next choice would be the Excal,same as the GT but water proof..then would come the CZ20/21.good luck!