Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have a question...

cavinkeven

This is posted in the wrong forum. But since I use the Ace250 and this is my main forum, I highly trust and value the opinions and knowledge of most people here. I posted this in the White's section this morning but I wanted to see what your opinions are. I know I can trust the opinions and knowledge here!!

I can buy a White's MXT from a neighbor that was bought about 6 months ago and has only been used about 4 or 5 times. I've seen it, looks brand new other than a little dirt on the coil. He paid $800 for it at a local dealer. I can get it for $600.(maybe $550) lol I am fairly new at detecting and have a Garrett Ace250 which I love. If nothing else could I buy it and put it on ebay and make a little money off of it? Not familiar with the "very slightly used" resale value of the MXT. Thanks for any help. I'd like to have it to keep but I'm not sure I have the money to buy it for myself lol.

Added
I actually do have the money, just don't know if i can justify paying that much to have two detectors. Man I hate passing up a bargain!!!!!
I know we love the Ace250, but honestly, which would you who have used both recommend??? It wouldnt be bad to have a loaner for my brother or somebody to use.

I see a used one on Ebay that ended at $562.00. It also came with headphones, a digging tool w/case and a "beautiful" case.

I watch Ebay all the time and see detectors selling for more then the are worth. But as long as the buyer is happy, it doesn't matter. Remember White's have a two year transferable warranty.
I have the MXT and Ace 250 and like them both. While the Ace 250 isn't a MXT, it sure is the best buy for the bucks.

HH

Oak - sweet home Alabama

I don't think you could make any money on it. I had it's little brother the M6. It was nice (nice and heavy) a little chirpy for me. It was spot on hitting nickels. But once I started swinging the 250 I saw no reason to keep the M6. Maybe if I had some bad ground in my area I would have kept it as a back up to the 250. I may have kept the M6 if it was as light as the 250 also.
I dug a pulltab ring today at 7 inches plus. The 250 is a fine machine.
If you have some bad ground you may consider the M6.

Unless you're lucky don't think you would make much by buying it and reselling it, especially at $600. Detectors are a lot like cars and depreciate rapidly once they are taken out of the box and used. The minute you drive a new car off the lot and it hits the street it is used and you have lost $5000 or more in those few minutes.

I'd check all the classifieds and Ebay to see what similar machines are going for.

Bill

I've decided not to buy it. I'll check with him in a few months and see if he's went way down maybe. He's not actively trying to sell it. Thanks for the input everybody!!!!

I also have a mxt and ace250 (plus a couple other machines). Oak is right on for the value of the mxt. The stock coil on the mxt isnt very good in trash-it does go deep though. If used in trashy areas you'd need a smaller coil-many are available (I use a jimmysierra hotfoot on mine==3in x 9in double d type). When i'm time constrained the 250 is what i use. The first week i had it i got 3 rings wading in shallow water with it.