Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have a question for you folks..............what was the first....

WillyP

metal detector you ever owned and when was that? Just curious and, no Royal, you can't count your bunion! :razz:

Well probably it was 3o years ago,I bought BOUNTY HUNTER for 50 dollers at the Cloverdale flea market.It was a peace of junk.Lost interest and started again with a decent Fisher 10 years ago.I don't know how to explain it but I just love this hobby!
So long,have a good trip South say hello to Wayne, Wayner Newton that is. ojm :)

now, I just borrowed from Royal and Mikey, and find all the metal anyone could want!!!:)

i still have it, also a Garrett GTA 1000. I do not get out much anymore, rotator cuffs are toast and my legs are poor. So what does this stove-up guy do? Why, instead of trying to use the light detector, he goes out to a river/creek and rolls big rocks around looking for gold:D I never said i was smart!

I really can not remember what the heck it was but it was a piece of crap. I could not find the bumper of an edsel at three inches with the thing and I traded it to a guy for a couple arrowheads.

I never detected again until 5 years later and borrowed a 1280x from a buddy and loved it. 20dollare and fifty cents in change on the first dive. I have had many dives better too.
Good question

Man I found a lot with that puppy. Of course, that was when the coins were mostly silver and parks were pretty much virgin territory Then i went underwater with an old garrett sea hunter.. Just like opening a bank vault :)

Sunny skies

M

First detector was a Whites DFX not quite three years ago. Couldn't handle the noise and all the finds my partner RodP was finding with his Minelab so I did the only thing I could do. I traded my DFX for a Minelab Sov. Elite like his. Been finding silver ever since! That's "OLD" silver, Mikey. :lol: :minelab:

n/t

it, but it was military surplus. Kinda like a flying saucer on a broom handle with a battery pack strapped on my back :lol: The first real detector I ever owned was a radio shack that might have had 2" depth.... and no disc. When the State upgraded, I used a 3000 something from Whites. Then a Compass Judge II...still have that one. I finally bought a CZ-70 four years ago and never looked back. Got a headhunter to try in the water sometime.

As Deb would say, too many... :rofl:

Dave

i started with a chep-o landstar, mainly just to see if i would stick with the hobby and not have a ton invested.........found lots of things with it too, but dug a lot of things a good discriminating detector would have stopped me from digging

it did save my life one day for crosssing a large farm field it was the only weapon i had to defend myself with a charging mad as hell breemer bull----i broke it over his nose twice, and the blood did spurt

he chaed me arounfd that field for seemed like hours, untill i stood my ground and detected that nose ring in his nose with a solid "WHAP"

then, he really did get pissed off........ooooooooooooo boy, did he

u will lay down the crappie pole for the detector, this is a hobby that will get into yur blood quickly

lost my glasses at beer camp recently riding 4 wheelers on backtrails, used the XLT to find them....saved me around $300 bucks for a new set of glasses

my fishing pole, but it was fun to try something different! Glad you found your specs! Us old folks have to have all the help we need!!!:lol:

My first detector was a BFO I built from a kit in 1969. I sat up all night soldering it together, got it working just about daylight and took it out in my yard to try out. The first signal was a 1906 Barber dime, next signal was a 1902 indian head penny and I thought it would always be that easy :(. That old BFO would go maybe three inches deep but I found a lot of coins and a couple of nice rings with it. I've been an addict ever since that first dime and except for a couple of years in the mid 1980's when we were working 70+ hours a week I've detected as often as I could :).

...I think I paid a whoppin' $150.00 for it, way back in 1969. It was a pretty good producer seein' as how there was LOTS of silver in the ground back then.

Currently I have a Garrett Ace 250. It does so much. I paid for it the second time I took it out. I have had the minelabs, the whites etc, etc, etc. but for a land detector, it's great.

I must confess though, I am coveting an Excalibur and expect to have it in my hot little hand before the water gets good next spring. <><

Blessings,

aj