Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have a question for the members and lurkers of this Forum..............

Kelley (Texas)

Roaming dogs can really cause a biker lots of trouble. You are happily riding some remote back road when out of the corner of your eye you spot a big mean looking dog coming your way...he is not wagging his tail. As he is closing in on you, you start thinking about your family, how they may be celebrating this coming Christmas without you. Panic sets in when he gets close enough for you to hear the clicking of his razor sharp teeth and you can smell his foul breath...you are in deep trouble. You give the bike more gas thinking that you might be able to out run the evil looking dog, but it is too late as you hear the ripping of your pants leg. You are not of the Catholic Faith, but at this stage of the game it does not matter as you make the sign of the cross and start saying a prayer........

I am going to let you folks finish this story...how would you save your hide from that evil dog? This should be interesting! Kelley (Texas) :rofl:

n/t

Not sure if its the leash laws here or I'm just lucky. I've heard guys say they carry a squirt gun but I don't know whats in them. Most of the squirt guns I ever had leaked liquid so I would not want it dripping what ever is in it on the bike. I would thing if one came out in the same spot, after cars or bikes the people would put in a complaint and it would be addressed. A small .22 could address it also I guess. Lot of traffic in this area so maybe they already got ran over so it cured them of the habit or are dead. I hit a wood chuck once but thats about it. I see a lot of deer but so far managed to avoid them also. I don't like to make light of it all as if I do, one will bite me or jump in my lap while on the bike. the last big Gold Wing I had I got cheap because a deer gave the guy a lap dance while he was driving by. $1,500 bucks for full loaded gold wing was a deal. rode it for 3 years and sold it for $3,000 and that was a deal for the guy who go it who still rides it.

The cougar in a saddle bag or side car sounds like a great way to handle it. Let me know how that works out and do take videos. We are supposed to make it up to 90 tomorrow here. That will be the third time this year here to make 90. Awesome summer. I like the cooler temps just fine. My daughter is riding down in Kentucky right now. They took the bikes down in her truck and are running all over there.

George-CT

Once, I spotted two pit bull dogs up ahead of me that acted like they were going to ambush me. I made a U-turn and went down the next street, and there they were again...they had gone between the houses to the next street too. I think that they heard my pipes on the bike and put two and two together and figured out that I had only moved over one street. I just made another U-turn and left the neighborhood. Kelley (Texas) :)

If I took even one hand off the bars to make the sign of the cross while trying to speed away from an evil dog, I'd crash and
be eaten.

Fini