Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have a question about the ace 250...

aschwars

sometimes when I go metal detecting and there is a slightly deep target, my ace 250 says its a coin but then goes to iron and stays at iron. should I dig up those signals or leave them?

If you have the time then dig it. What's it going to hurt? Every time I go back to a site I'll dig more and more iffy targets each time. I have made some good finds this way. Of course you will dig more trash.

Rember...it costs you nothing to dig a questionable target. If it is a repeatable signals in all four directions with the coil, I would dig it. It is not unusual for all single frequency mryal detector to read deep targets out of range as an iron targets. These littlle scenarios repeat themselves often and are part of the learning curve.

Good luck!

Lots of times the iffy targets are iffy targets to the other hunters in the past, and they just got lazy and said no. But you and I would proudly dig those nice old copper coins at those deep depths. ;)

Exactly! I know I personally left a ton of good stuff in the ground years ago when I first started hunting. I ran too high disc. Skipped iffy targets etc..... If I have the time to dig it all I will.

Same here....my rule of thumb was is that if it didn't read as a coin perfectly, then it wasn't a coin. :rage: