Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have a funeral to go to tonight, well it is tomorrow but

Royal

I am going up for visitation tonight. It is Mary's Ex and it is really tough on her. They were married 32 years and no matter what happened, they had a bunch of good years and two great kids together.

Anyway, I am getting ready to go and since Mary is already there I have to dress myownself :( I got it most all figured out, she laid out the pants, shirt, sox and such before she left and I sorta got a handle on what goes where.

Well I never wear jewlery but I do have a ring or two and a bracelet. Nice gold bracelet. Nice SHORT bracelet. I have just spent a full 20 bloody minutes trying to put the dang thing on! Trying to hold it around my wrist and open the clasp and get it through that ittttttttttty biiiiiititttttttttty hole drove me nuts! It kept slipping and slipping. I bet I tried fifty times! I finally got a great idea!! Duct tape!

I got a strip of duct tape and laid the bracelet in place and taped the dang thing down! Worked like a champ!! I taped that bastud down to the wrist, swang the dang other end around the wrist and snapped it on!!

I just thought I would pass this guy thing on. Actually I had forgotten I even owned the bracelet..... I don't wear much of that sissy girlie stuff :D

were married many years, he was the father of my children and the grandfather to our grandchildren. Of course we were divorced and I remarried to Scott. I felt like I had to be there not only for the girls, but because I had spent half of my life with him. My girls are still in shock, and frankly so am I. The diabetes got him, and he was only 57 years old. Give my condolences to Mary, Royal! I know how she felt too! :cry:

you don what you need to to get threw them. Thats a a lot of time to be with someone and like you say, there are still feelings there. It will be like that in this family also as both of us have been married before. With my five kids we try to remain social from a distance and keep it civil....Glad you got your cloths on OK....The duct tape should add a nice touch to it all.....LOL

Geo

just give her a hug and be there for her. Words are secondary. Just knowing you are there will be the best healing comfort the woman can get. When you live with someone that long, when they die, a part of you withers and I doubt if she can put it into words. So...just be there--duct tape and all.

(I tell Virginia [when I catch her in the right mood], "I might not be the greatest, but I'm the latest.")

aj

He had it since he was 19 and also had a 5 heart bypasses two years ago. I never met him but wish I had done so now. Seems to have been a great guy.

n/t

But, as you said, at least he had some good years.

Never thought about duct tape..... mind you, I never wear that stuff either. I just like finding it. :):

calm seas

Mikie

NEVER tell us real men you wear bracelets...and always zip 'em up in the front.
Sorta goes hand-in-hand now that I think of it. :biggrin:

n/t