Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I have a dream...........

For the longest time, it seems, I haven't dreamt. Neither of things that brought me joy nor of things that brought me sadness. Dreams of flying have always ranked amongst my favorites. Yanking on the throttle and working the rudders of an aircraft unknown to me but still seemingly WWII vintage remain in my fondest memories of slumber. I have spread my arms like wings, drifting, above this earthly landscape and beheld the changing before me of sunlit skies to twilight, floating aimlessly in awe in the splendor of the stars. I have witnessed the magnificence of a soaring eagle, larger than any that have ever inhabited this planet, and shimmering of a blue so beautiful, a blue unbeknownst to the senses of man. The deafening silence of water, trickling at my feet was the only sound to be heard as hordes of aircraft, whiter than white and in perfect unison ever so slowly trailed by, displaying a majesty that words could never express. I have conversed with loved ones, long since passed, felt their loving embrace and returned in their presence that very night after laying my head again upon my pillow . My fondest memories of childhood and the old , familiar Charl Street, where holidays were precious and innocence pure, where poverty was found aplenty but depth of riches overflowed. This place too have I revisited on many occasion. Perhaps only a temporary sanctuary our dreams are meant to be but a sanctuary nonetheless. I have awakened with laughter and I have awakened with sorrow. Joy, sadness.... disappointment and relief have all been experienced after a nights rest. What puzzles me and prompt's this sharing is this.........The dreams which were unpleasant I can scarcely recall, if at all. Yet, I know they took place. Those dreams which I have treasured and loved remain as vivid in my memory as a young boys first love. A sanctuary they are indeed but much more than this as well. An example of how our lives are meant to be lived. Forgetting those things that nourish us not and remembering those things that bring us joy and peace....... and happiness. I dearly miss dreaming my friends and I endeavour to return to that place of wisdom, of nourishment and of peace. I dare to dream !.........and that's my wish for each and every one of you !

Thanks so much for a powerful writing. I will reread when I get home. I want to get the full impact.

aj

ps. many of MY dreams would get me in trou-ble if they ever came to light! But many, many are extra-special, especially those visits with my parents and grandparents.

n/t

if so, you are more talented than you look:surprised:

Probably prose would be more accurate but I hope you get my sentiment.
Dreams are my other life that starts each night when my head hits the pillow just as my waking life ends. It makes you wonder if those beautiful white airplanes aren't other dreamers out for a spin in the clouds just like you. I never get to stay on Mother Earth in my dreams, always farther afield for me, other worlds and other times for this dreamer.
I did have a friend that often flew in her dreams but she complained that she could never fly higher than the tops of the hydro poles, I guess she was a low cruiser.:shrug::lol:
Keep dreaming, Rob; it makes your life half as long again as those who succumb to what Edison called 'little pieces of death'. Edison only slept for 2 to 3 hours per day.

Cheers Flier,

BDA:cool:

I dun dreamded that I was with a purty poetry writtin feller and he got caught peeing on a poor old ladies car!! I had a few more dreams that I can recall and some I can not:rofl:

at a lost of words of what to say. Is it possible that the stresses of a very hectic life at the moment could be at the root of the lack of dreaming? I hear tell that folks do most of their dreaming just prior to waking up in the morning...could be that you are dreaming, but just not remembering them. Put a smile on your face every morning when you wake up...be happy that you are blessed with a loving family and good friends. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Beautifully written. I cherish my dreams that take me back to loved ones or to places of peaceful contentment. I have had dreams so real I could smell the bacon frying and hear my mother softly humming a favorite song as she prepared breakfast so many years ago. At such times it is sometimes disappointing to awake.Such dreams are a melancholy gift. Thanks my friend for a moving well written post.

Very good writing buddy!

Or the other one where those wimmins say........"the only thing he's good for is sex". :rofl: