Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I had to move a cashe today

Royal

one of my cashes, Royal #3 is down near the Cut River. It is well hidden and a fellow casher tried to find it the other day and had no luck. He said he had looked all over the place and it was just not there. He shoved a stick into the exact spot that my numbers took him to and it just was not there.

I wanted to make it winter friendly as the snow will be deep and cover the ground hides so I thought I had better see if it had been stolen, as some are occasionally.

I drove out this morning and the pictures show that it was there and this is the message I posted

"Log Date: 11/3/2008
Hahhaahah I once again want to thank the last finder for the great job of re-covering my cashe. I appreciate it when they are hidden so well for me.

I am also happy to see that hofbrauhaus and I have our GPS in such great sinc as you can see by the picture. I also am happy that he or she did not shove the stick in the ground any harder as it might have pierced the container :D

I went out today to check it out as it has been muggled once before and I also wanted to make it more winter friendly.

The New Numbers are N 44 23.724
W 84 39.498

The Cashe is in good shape and off the ground a bit"

The Pictures show how close he was from the cashe. Some of those suckers are tough to find!!
[attachment 109417 IMG_8340_1.jpg]
[attachment 109418 IMG_8341_1.jpg]
[attachment 109419 IMG_8342_1.jpg]
[attachment 109420 IMG_8343_1.jpg]

and still not see it. I had one about a month ago like that. I wandered on that spot for 10 minutes. Doubled checked it, and allowed for plenty of area so started my circling of those coordinates. Finally stopped walked out a ways, came back in, GPS still said, open your eyes stupid. Finally squatted down by a old branch and there it was under it, wrapped in camo tape. I had walked over it about 5 times. We try to get them off the ground here because of the snow or worst ice. Just can't get at them. I need to move some out there myself. Just have not had the time lately. To much going on. They are showing a few nice days this week so perhaps I will get out to chase a few.

We have some here to hunt that you have to send the guy a picture like you took to show him you were there. No picture, no credit for it.
I wonder how it work up your way with big Pine cones. I've seen a few catchings made from them or even covered with the pine cone pedals and hung in a tree. I found one in North Carolina that way. It was in a rest area maybe 30 yards from where I parked. I just happened to look above my head and there it was.

Your coordinates were dead on for sure as were his.... Once close, almost better to put it away and think like a hider.

Geo