Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I had forgotten how much fun it could be:wacko:

warthog

I went and bought a roof rake today,to get the snow down 3-5 feet up off the edge of the roof.I did the carport and the storage garage,slogging thru knee deep snow,while wielding a 16 foot roof rake....I got part of the house,the porch roof and overhang,before I collapsed,crying like a baby...WELL,not really,but the last time I did this was before 2009,when I had left shoulder rotor cuff repair,and I felt it right where they did the surgery,just sore-There,and everywhere else,too...:wacko:Peace of mind comes at a price,I guess..........Supposed to start raining sometime later tonight,oughta be tons of fun,raining on all that ice.........:shrug:

Just keep safe and don't overdo with the exertion of your back and shoulder! Good to get the excess snow off the roofs and etc.! :thumbup: :angel: Ma

Got this old man who lives next door, retired, good old guy all in all, Dutch, but I dont hold that against him, he cant help it....anyway, he's up on a ladder with a snow rake pulling snow off his roof as we speak!...nice old guy, never asks to borrow my tools or needs any advice from me, nor I him,...but everytime he's doing something, mowing the grass, raking leaves, cleaning gutters, staining deck, or any other outdoor household duty, my Wife seems to think I should be doing the same thing!:rofl: I tell her to mind her own business! I got metal detecting to do! As if that gets me off the hook!:rofl:

What really frosts my biscuit is that his timing on the weather is impeccable! He consistently reads the incoming weather right! Much better than a paid meteorologist! So, I have a feeling this afternoon I'll be up on a 7pitch, with a 30' drop to the ground, one end of an extension cord tied around my waist, and the other tied around the chimney for "safety", and a snow shovel...of course before that I'm sure she will check and see if my Life insurance policy is paid up to date...Oh the horror of home ownership!

I can hear them at the ER now..." Fell off a roof shoveling snow, can you believe that? got all wrapped up in this extension cord like a silkworm on the way to the ground, and impaled himself on this snow shovel handle right in the tookus! ..Get a picture of this Harry! he looks like a popsicle with a hat on! Cheap old guy evidently, or a German, or he would have bought a real snow rake like the Dutch neighbor did, and stayed safely on a ladder, probably only has the Obamacare "bronze plan" from the looks of it, if any at all, just tape him up and send him home, we got no time for this, keep the shovel though, he wont be needing it for a while, and lets just call it even."
Mud

:rofl: Thanks for the humor! Your post was great....you just made my day! There is a 90 plus year old man living across the street from me, who just lost his wife before Christmas and does everything himself or did most of the time....even the housework for his wife before she passed away.....He out does me and I'm only 78 but with COPD and Osteoarthritis, so really difficult for me to do outside work any more and also housekeeping...just too weak too much with not enough oxygen in my blood and aches and pains in me ole bones and muscles! :sad: :) :angel: Ma