Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I had a sick day with the Nox:super:

Dan(NM)

I met up with a fellow hunter to do a little relic hunting at a old fort site. His day started off with an 1846 Mexican 1/4 reale and then an awesome button, which he ended up finding 2 of. I started off with the usual lead and percussion caps and finally a 1846 Mexican reale as well. I was having a frustrating start with my wireless earbuds cutting out and the other pair not working at all. I tried using wired earbuds on the Equinox, but kept pulling them out almost everytime I set my machine down. Jimmy let me use his ML80's and that helped me settle down and get some serious hunting done.
Jimmy ended up leaving after a few hours and I told him I was going to hunt for another hour and then head to the house. My goal was to at least find a couple of nice buttons to make a day of it, little did I know the fun was about to begin within the next 30 minutes. I worked my way around to the other side of where we had parked, and started finding more lead and a few more percussion caps. I got a screaming 25-26 hit on the Nox, I dug down about 8" and figured I had hit a can or something. I covered the hole, but, thought to myself..... that could be a buckle. I redug the hole and finally pried out a top of an old aluminum can. About 15 minutes later I get an almost identical signal, 25-27, but, when I pinpointed it sounded different. My thought was I was digging a silver coin at depth, so....I was quite a bit more careful with this hole. Almost 8" down I pop out a huge round it didn't register what it was until I picked it up and felt the weight. Then it hit me......no freaking possible way!!!

sgoss66 said:
HOLY SMOKES, Dan!!

In addition to all the other super finds, you dug a BREAST PLATE?!?!

Steve
. Lol....I just figured out that tapered brass thing is a scabbard tip :)

Nice finds! Man you guys have some great relic hunts never find anything like that here in CT!

You’re really vacuuming that stuff up Dan! Can I ask what sens you’re running and what type of GB? Just curious,I know sites are different...recovery speed? IB? I’m going to use mine for the first time for real tomorrow...

IDXMonster said:
You’re really vacuuming that stuff up Dan! Can I ask what sens you’re running and what type of GB? Just curious,I know sites are different...recovery speed? IB? I’m going to use mine for the first time for real tomorrow...
. Thank you....no problem, my settings were.......Field 2 .....recovery speed 6....Ground balance 0.....Iron bias 0.....2 Tones....Sens 22... Tone break was from -9 to +8. No disc....Volume 25 on nonferrous. Volume 12 on Ferrous....11" coil.