Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I guess I'll be a jewelry hunter this year. :detecting:

Dan(NM)

It was a warm 67 when I got up at 6 this morning with a bit of fog, perfect weather to head back to the swimming hole. I had hunted this spot yesterday and dug a crap load of clad, a 44 merc, a silver ring and a silver earring. I was running 2 tones with my tone break set at 19 to take out the coins and any silver jewelry in case someone beat me back here :)

Today I decided run 5 tones, -9 to -2, pitch set to 1. volume at 4..... -1 to 10 pitch set at 25, volume 25....11 to 18, pitch 1, volume 4...19 up, pitch at 25, volume 25. It's unreal how well the Nox will hit tiny targets that sound so good :(

My plan tomorrow is dig all targets from 11 up, I can only take digging trash for so long and I have to break it up into chunks.

Ring number 13 and 14 for the year, a 10k and a stainless steel. The 10K hit at 8, the stainless steel at 9. Also included is a picture of the jewelry located since January 1st with the Equinox 800 , along with the clad($23.63) in the last 2 weeks.

I've already dug more jewelry and clad in 2 weeks than all of last year. Spent most of last year hunting a pre-civil war site, not much in the way of coins to be had.

Very nicely done Dan...looks like a virgin site to me and a lot of fun too..but I do believe you are passing up some small gold ..of course depending on how trash you gotta deal with I can understand..I’ve found many small pieces of gold that only read 1 or 2.. you got a great spot there..good luck..

bootyhoundpa said:
Very nicely done Dan...looks like a virgin site to me and a lot of fun too..but I do believe you are passing up some small gold ..of course depending on how trash you gotta deal with I can understand..I’ve found many small pieces of gold that only read 1 or 2.. you got a great spot there..good luck..

Thank you,

I was digging all signals from-1 to 10 today, going back to dig the pulltabs tomorrow :) I have already dug 2 small gold pendants that rang 1 on the Nox

Yep, that’s a “dig it all” thing going on there. Very different mentality needed for that as opposed to the guy specifically hunting old coins and nothing else. I’m gonna take a crack at some rings when things thaw out this season but not quite to that degree...
Looking good so far Dan-O!:super:

IDXMonster said:
Yep, that’s a “dig it all” thing going on there. Very different mentality needed for that as opposed to the guy specifically hunting old coins and nothing else. I’m gonna take a crack at some rings when things thaw out this season but not quite to that degree...
Looking good so far Dan-O!:super:

Thank you!!

I'm telling ya Kevin, this is uncharted territory for me that's for damn sure!! My specialty was as you mentioned "old coins and nuttin else" I was a cherry picking sob until last year when I had an opportunity to hunt an old 1850's site, had to basically shift gears mentally.

I'm digging in sandy gravel, if this was grass, it would be over before it started :)

sgoss66 said:
Wow, that's a good haul of jewelry, Dan! (Not to mention the clad!)

And no, you are even finding some GOLD! Excellent (tedious) work!

Steve

Thanks Steve!

It's too much like work lol....it literally is like finding a needle in a haystack........a sea of pulltabs, foil and slaw , that is.

laplander said:
Like I said you are sitting on a gold mine Dan. Have you found a concentration of jewelry yet?
HH Jeff

I did hit one small area that produced 3 gold items and 6 silver pieces, after that, it's been spread out all over the place. There's approx. a strip 100' wide by 6 blocks long of exposed sand, gravel and rocks. I take a small section and grid from both directions.

That is a hard place, but it appears to be very rewarding!