Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got up this morning and farted around. Finally I

Royal

headed for the Basshole on the Cut and when I got there a guy was fishing it. Well that ended that idea so I headed back home. I decided I did not want to set around the house and figured it might be fun to hop on the scoot and go find some cashes.

I checked out the web site and saw were there were a few close together up near Grayling Michigan. 20 miles or so away. I loaded up my scoot with my GPS, mask and snorkel, in case I found somewhere to get in the water and headed north.

I rode up to the general area the cashes were and turned on the GPS, told it to find the nearest cashes and started following the arrow and reading the count down. Soon I was in the woods following a little trail I had never been on before through a pine forest. Soon the arrow was pointing directly to my side and read 90 ft or so. I went in search and soon found it. It was hotter than heck in those woods for sure.

I signed the book and told the GPS to find the next, which tured out to be less than a quarter mile away. Off I went through the woods and soon was led to it. Easy find.

I selected next and the next one appeared a little over a quarter mile away. Nice walk in the woods. Dang bugs were getting bad as I was sweating off the insect repellent :( I finally got to the area and started hunting. It was in an open pine forest and it was easy to search but I never did find it.

I was soon on the scoot and headed toward the Grayling Military Base. I was just a little ways from it and the GPS signaled another cashe in the area. I followed the GPS to it and was soon on my way home. My back was killing me from riding that scoot on those back roads.

I got home and recorded my finds on the geocashe site and noticed the one I did not find was a micro. A dang micro in a woods! It is stupid of me not to look in the first place before I headed out. I don't have any interest in hunting a micro and especially in a woods in the heat and bugs. Heck, you don't even know if the dang thing is even there or if it has been muggled

Well I just fed the turkey and the three legged deer was in yesterday. My neighbor saw a new born fawn a couple times but I have yet to see it. I did see one the other day but not here.

Over all it was a great day to be alive!

Hiking, riding the scoot, snap up a few Geocaches. Nice healthy day of activity. Most of the geocaches in the pines I've hunted here were under fallen pine tree's in camo. Hard to find for sure. but mico's, that's more work than its worth. I only hunt them like you, there in my path way. I'd rather hike 5 miles one way, then walk 100 yards for a micro.

Sounds like a nice area to wander in. I guess we have your heat to look forward to later this week and next. Having been in the 60's most the month and 40's at night that heat and humidity will be noticeable.

Spent most the week cutting the fields again, and helping others get in their cow hay. Pretty much lost this first cutting for horses. Think we had something like 21 days of rain out of 24 or something. We had a woods race this past Wed night and the guys were saying the trails were real greasy from all the wet. I didn't have my bike out all week, and not sure if it will get out this one. Still rain and thunder storms forecast here.

Geo-CT

make the coffee and do my putering. Then I try to figure out what I am gonna do for the day. Most of my landscaping is done for the summer and it is time to have a bit of fun.

I am going to head for the BassHole early tomorrow and if that works out and I am still in the mood, I just might do a bit of kayaking. The only problem is I have to do it alone and that sucks. Mary is spending her time down below babysetting for the grand kids and I am batching it. Sucks.

I honestly wish I had a buddy up here with some of my interests but don't. Oh well, I can share them with you guys and what the hell, that ain't bad. The camera makes it a bit better.

I had to move one of my cashes today. It is Royal #3. It is along the Cut River and I put right in the description that in we weather boots might be advisable. I don't wear boots there but I ain't no dang Puzzy!

Somebody found it recently and whined that they got their white tennis shoes muddy. I don't really give a good rip as I warned the dang fools but I decided to move it back to its summer position. I put them low in the summer and high in the winter because of snow.