Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got up at 4am this morning and dragged my .......

General Ray

telly scope out through the patio door to finally look at some stars, it's been cloudy here and raining on and off for weeks and couldn't view anything. Last night I watched the local weather report and they said clear early but clouds moving back in at sunrise so I set my alarm for 4am. Wow, it sure is pleacefull at 4 am :).

I zeroed in on the little tiny dots of light in the sky and was pretty amazed at all the other little tiny dots I could see beyond my target star. I was pretty excited to finally see something in the night sky without cloud cover, I have been playing around with it during the day and trying to focus it but at night it's so much different, there are so many stars out there you just shake your head in amazement, how cool is that :clap

I can't wait to see a full moon, I should be able to zero right in on it, I also have a sun filter that you can use to look at the sun, I haven't used it yet because there hasn't been much sun the last few weeks or so :lol

Once spring moves on and summer gets here I will be really able to play with it because with summer comes no clouds, just lots of sun and clear nights :)

The last few days, our evenings have been like glass....clear, no haze [which would not happen in a velley of 300 people], no wind.

I just have to get one of those :)

all the best

M

that means Mike :? I don't really know much about how the figure sizes out, I just point and look :lol

I am gonna try and hunt down a telescope message board, this will be very helpful for a newbie like myself, I know they come in all different sizes I just don't know what those sizes are or mean yet :)

Ray

n/t

was one of the most moving things I received. It gives me a location. Do you think if I sent it to you that your could find that particular star? :)

my lawn and sure enough it started raining again so now I have a half mowed lawn :rofl

Hey Lil Sis, one of the nice things about this new format is you can edit your own post after you posted it, just click on your post then look for the edit button, this will allow you to make changes, then click update :)

on mother's star. Just sometime when you get a clear night. I thought I could see it one time, but not sure. I really know these are just gestures of sympathy, and the people at Name A Star are really making the money, but it was a nice thought from my best friend. It says:

That Star Number 006-611 with the Celestial Address of 08 hrs.41 Min. 03.591 Sec. and Declination of + 72(degree symbol not on my keyboard) 14' 57.20" Epoch 2000, in the constellation Ursa Major shall be henceforth be known by the name Louise Garrett, for one of the brightest stars in Heaven : :huh ?????

According to the map that was sent with this certificate, this star is located just above and to the right of Ursa Major.

I also have some things that might be interesting to you, if you would like for me to email them to you, just says so. If not, that's okay too. It just shows the constellations, and where you can find them.

You mean I can edit a post, even after I have pressed the send button? I knew I could if I previewed it, but sometimes I don't always preview first. ?? Thanks for the info, and at least you didn't wash your car today! :lol

to get my buddy Royal to fix all the embarressing mistakes I made. This just made his job a little easier!! :)

computer and see if I can't find the star when I know alittle more about what I am doing :look

My e-mail is rmoheit@madison.tds.net

if ya want to send that other stuff, could come in handy infact so I know where I am at, thanks Lil Sis, General Ray

First night the moon, next night a planet, next night an apartment complex, next night another planet and etc. Please have a safe and happy holiday! Kelley (Texas) :)