Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Got Ripped Off...!!

fastdraw

I Found my first 1/2 Dime about a month ago and was so excited...!!

This is all of my finds for today.

Can you believe it, I pulled another half dime out of the ground... and was excited for about 1 second..!! It has a freaking hole in it..!!
I feel ripped off and I want my money back..!!

Attachments

• Message_1606693379133.jpg
    Message_1606693379133.jpg
    1,015.7 KB · Views: 182
Lousy pockets back then. Lots of coins were "holed" so they could sew them into their clothes until needed. Many of the old coins that come out of western ghost towns have holes in them.

fastdraw I probably shouldn't have posted that pic. I apologise didn't mean to rob your post! Your half dime find
is awesome! Guess what, I've never found a seated anything!!

HH okie

I think it’s a great find. I wish I was in an area to find things like that.

I Found my first 1/2 Dime about a month ago and was so excited...!!

Can you believe it, I pulled another half dime out of the ground... and was excited for about 1 second..!! It has a freaking hole in it..!!

I feel ripped off and I want my money back..!!
First, congratulations on getting a 2nd Half-Dime in such a short duration. That's about the best I've ever done, about a month apart, but usually they seem to keep hiding and I only snag them about 1 to 2 a year ... when hunting the right places. I've never found a Half-Dime that was holed, and no more than maybe 3 or 4 Seated or Barber Dimes that were holed .... and I've found a lot of them. I think part of that was due to the nature of the type of activity most of my favorite old ghost towns had.

Holed or not, any Half-Dime makes for a great day afield.

Monte

Hole or no hole that is a fantastic find. I have never dug a half dime yet.

Nice find yeah could be worse and you never found it that's the way I look at it. I'm still looking for a seated half dime found capped busts lol!
Mark

Half dime?
I don't have one of those.
Contact me and I will trade you for a whole, new nickel.
Win-win.

Last edited: