Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got out today with the camera for awhile.

George-CT

I went after this cache called Cow's in the fog. Its whats left of a big cow farm that was left to UCONN college. They are still a very active agriculture school. As I was getting there today, the light was just right to catch this shot of one of the old barns left there.
Full size, its really makes a great screen saver. Then I took the shot that gave the cache its name, In the AM this little valley gets covered in fog, hence the name of cache. Then on the way to the cache I came across this little fella on the trail soaking up sun.
He moved off to the side but that was it. Managed to snag 4 caches today, deposit a travel bug and found a travel bug jeep, that enters you in a free jeep contest for 2007. Low and behold, the Jeep started its life in Michigan not far from Royal's.
On the way out I stopped at their horse program also and grabbed a shot or two.

Great day, 70 degrees, nice breeze.

George-CT

n/t

missed one. I will go back.

I had a hell of a time with one. I walked right up the hill and got to the area. Cover was not too bad. I looked all over the place and decided to go but you know how it is, I made another slow walkaround. I saw a tree broken off about five ft from the ground and there was a piece of wood that didn't look right. I pulled it out and looked down in the hollow and there it was!!

I am fooling with my pda and trying to learn it all over again. Can not find the dang cable for it! I will have to connect it with Blue Tooth but that can be a pain too.

I have loaded a dozen or so in the GPS . Might go for a walk tomorrow

I'm surprised you didn't grab that travel bug to move on to another cache. If you type the numbers in that are on the tag on Geocaching.com you can follow it, use the map to see wheres been etc. You can elect to track them or not. I f you elect to, it
will send you and email when ever it moves on. I wonder where that post office was there. Would seem like a great spot to detect if its not of limits. Here is the info on the Travel Bug I got today that came from your area.
http://www.geocaching.com/track/details.aspx?tracker=jpy7ce
If you click zoom map you can see where its been also....

I found and old dam today. got pictures of it somewhere in the mess of pic I took today. I suspect it was and up/down saw mill.

Geo

n/t

n/t