Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I got an E- mail from that music Co in Nashville.....

warthog

....They vigorously defended their song promoting service,so I forwarded that ripoff report website to them.....They assured me they are in good standing by the BBB in Tennessee(I checked,they are,only TWO reports against them since 2012,all resolved,somebody reported six on the website,not so),I told them I am right in the middle here,and the guy that directed me (Joe G.) has no reason to lie,and is in the know regarding music promotion.

The head of the co.went as far as to invite me to check them out by coming down and visiting them....Ya know,I just might do that,Marcia and I.
This is really not about the money,it is the principle of the thing.....WHY would folks complain about them,and all the while with the BBB,they are a+ rating???......I am examining both pro and con in this issue very carefully,and ultimately looking to the Lord for ultimate guidance.........Steve......

That's probably the best way to find out...check it out, personally. There are bad and negative writes about everything, when researching the web.

Steve,

Perhaps "rip-off" is a strong statement. Look, companies like this make money by making "demos" for people and they do just that. It's not like they're going to take your money and not doing anything. However, what are you getting for your money? What kind of recording? How many tracks? Is it just you or will any musicians back you up? How long do they give you to record? Studio time costs anywhere from $50 up to $500 an HOUR (for top places). Just setting up the sound correctly for a band takes a long time. Even just a vocal and a guitar can take time to do right. Do you get the master file when it's done? It's all done on computer now (probably Pro-Tools); you'll want that so if you want to add to later, you can.

Nowadays, you can record at home with a minimal investment (if you are a little computer savvy). Ask around church; see if anyone happens to have a home studio.

Research. I'm sure your songs are great, but don't put your money into the first place that likes your songs. Check out websites for songwriting, recording. Read up on what it actually takes to record a professional demo, what IS a professional demo and how much it should cost. There are TONS of sites out there that can provide you with lots of sound advice.