Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found this interesting and the photos are just great, By the way, where is Sheila????

Royal

It says image error but click on it anyway!!:thumbup:

n/t

n/t

Umm . . . I'm here . . down-under, as usual, Royal, just didn't want to wear out my welcome by being too pushy.

Great pics, underlined with much food for thought.

Sheila.

This site could not run without posters. We welcome friendly people:thumbup:

Oh yes, by the way folks, you remember that thing I did with the hedge trimmer a while back? Well, you're not going to believe this, but, I did it again . . . except this time it didn't shut the power off. As soon as I saw the sparks flying, I let go of the handle and the power stayed on . . or the circuit breaker is fritzed from the last time, whatever. Ron doesn't know yet, not brave enough to tell him before I get another extension cord. I hope he doesn't need to use one before then.

It wasn't wasps that caused it, either, I went out and sprayed the whole hedge 30 mins before, ( see, I did learn something that day.)

I hope I can explain this so that you all understand, so here goes. In Queensland, where it's quite hot most of the time, the old (30+yrs) houses (chamfer/weatherboard) were built on stumps, so that they were kept cool by the flow of air under the floor. In the early days, the stumps were actually round tree trunks that were buried half as much in the ground, yes, the floor was bare earth/dirt, as they rose above it. An average house would be built about 8ft off the ground, which left plenty of head room for workshop, garage, laundry or other activities. These stumps would be around the outer perimeter of the house and also placed at 8ft intervals, approximately, from each other, internally. Until RSJ's became popular, looking under someone's house was like looking at the underside of a bridge when the tide was out, all pilings. Eventually, around the outside, a fence of palings/batons was built, for privacy and security I imagine, between the stumps.

Our house is one such as this. Because they were rotting and the house was sinking in places, we pulled out the old timber stumps a few years ago and replaced them with square concrete stumps. When we did this we put the batons much closer together and found, once it was done, we could no longer put a power cord plug from inside, where the plug and switch are, to out, or vice versa. As a result, I sometimes plug the trimmer, via a long extension, into the power upstairs. After plugging the trimmer into a cord which was hanging down, over my shoulder, from upstairs and trimming the hedge above my shoulder height, I did what I would have warned anybody else not to do. Watching those sparks flying above my head nearly made me . . . um . . . (insert appropriate words here). Needless to say, I am currently looking for a young person, taller than myself, who needs a bit of pocket money. Is there such a person these days?
Sheila.

I think it must be a law that daddy and mommy give them everything they need and when they become adults the government takes over and they comfort them and give them everything they need:rofl:

Hey, you better be careful there. Trimming hedges could be dangerous it seems:razz:

n/t