Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found the GOOD STUFF!!!!

stpauli914

Well first of all I have to say thanks to everyone for the pointers and motivation in my last thread. I couldn't stand it anymore and had to get out after work today! Went and hit the beach where I found the silver earing on saturday and was told that a fellow detectorist found a womans gold ring with a ruby that day. I got there about 6:30p so I had 2 hours to hunt and get home before my daughter went to bed. Started walking the beach and looking for "cuts" and noticed one area where the waves were breaking harder and there was a pronounce dip from the shore down into the breaking waves. About 20 minutes in I got a nice hit(I'm too new with the excal to tell you that I honestly noticed any difference from a pulltab hit or penny hit) 3 scoops and I had it in the scoop(I am guessing it was about 6-8 inches deep. Started shaking the scoop in the water and thought I saw a circular flash of gold , but kept shaking till all the sand was gone. Then I saw it!! I knew it was gold just by the look of it! I walked up onto shore, did a fist pump and slid it onto my pinky! Nice tight fit! Probably a childs ring or someone with small fingers. It wasn't till I got home and took it off to check that I found the 14K mark plain as day. I really like the ring and will be keeping it and wearing it I think! I have really got some motivation now!!! I will weigh it at work tomorrow and report back. I'm guessing 3 to 4 grams.

FirstGold003.jpg

FirstGold009.jpg

FirstGold006.jpg

Aaron

Sweet find...there's nothing that will match the excitement
of seeing a gold ticket in your scoop. Unless it might be 2
gold tickets in the same scoop. Congratulations.
Gold Nuggets :wiggle:

Good job and congratulations on the "Good Stuff" your right you found it.

Get a piece of cardboard and take out into the yard in an area where there are no signals to detect. Add some coins from a penny to a quarter and a couple different type pull tabs along with a couple different gold rings. If your married borrow some jewelry from your wife.

Now you can swing over each target and compare the tones the Excalibur gives you. Gold tends to be smooth all the way through the detection field, smooth start and smooth finish. You will start recognizig targets before you dig them just by the tone before long because you will dig a heck of a lot more pull tabs, nickels and dimes and quarters than gold. The dreaded bottle cap may sound good at first but listen to the rough raspy exit as you pass the coil over it. The bottle cap may sound off kind of high pitched and ramp up with a raspy exit. The machine is telling you junk don't dig.

BCOOP

Thanks everyone!!

Bcoop, I would love to do the backyard test and I have tried. The only problem is the power lines run through the back of the yard and I get some crazy falsing/interference. I will play with it at someone elses house sometime soon. To be honest, I am starting to get an idea of battlecaps by the sound. I am digging everything in disc with it set at 0 though until I learn the tones better. Pulltabs sure do sound good :)

Is it a good idea to check this same area of beach more now that I found this there? Do you ever find multiple gold targets in one small area of beach?

Thanks again, and mudpuppy, I've always been a monster :)

Aaron

Aint nothin like the feel and color o gold to stir an old Pirate's blood!!:thumbup:

Well done Fellow Hunter!!:beers:

CJ

Congratulations Aaron!

I apologize for taking so long to respond, but it took me a while to stop crying and shouting, "Why not me Lord? Why not me?" Oh sure, laugh at my pain! Where's my box of Kleenex?! Rassin-frassin, double-dassin, metal detecting-mother-breakin-son-of-a-pulse-induction, aaaggghhhhhhhh!

A-N-Y-W-A-Y... Congratulations on the golden ticket Aaron!

:clapping: Terry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuuxcdXFzqQ

I once found 4 rings in one area of the beach 2 which were gold 1 tungsten and 1 silver. 2 of my hunting buddies each found 1 ring a piece but they were stainless or tungsten carbide. 3 of us found 6 rings on one section of the beach that day.

I am in Southeast Missouri and only get to beach hunt for 1 week a year while I'm on vacation, I try to make the best of my time to increase my odds, I have read a ton on beach detecting and of course the forum helps too. Read your particular beach conditions and keep hitting those high traffic areas, if they lose it then you have a chance to find it. Just put the odds in your favor and it will come. During the vacation months the "Good Stuff" can be anywhere because of such a concentration of people and all the fresh drops. If doesn't take long for a dropped ring to be several inches under the sand and a few high tides later it could be anywhere.

Like i said in the previous post look for those cuts they can produce, also if you see areas that concentrate some shells or pebbles on the beach check those areas out too. There may be deposits of heavy gold under the sand.

If your working an area that is producing several coins like quarters for instance, You may want to work a spiral pattern or grid the area thoroughly, heavier objects seem to congregate together. Those little things can increase your odds. You can still meander across the beach zig zagging aimlessly with no direction or seemed purpose and dig a great find.

Keep on swinging

BCOOP

You can still meander across the beach zig @#$%& aimlessly with no direction or seemed purpose and dig a great find.

That should have been..........................zig zag aimlessly The system deleted it because an extra g in zag. Not a curse word.

BCOOP

Thanks everyone!!

Terry, I believe that you will have good luck soon as a result of all your kindness in helping me :)

Bcoop, can't tell you how much I appreciate your pointers!

Cupajo and Melakou Thanks for the kind words!!

I weighed the ring at work today on my triple beam and it comes in at 5.1grams! More than I was guessing. You have to start small right :) My next hunt will be Thursday evening. I'm torn whether to hit the same busy public beach, or try a little less accesible and less detected beach in front of a sailing school. My thoughts are, kids who learn to sail probably have well off parents there to help/watch and are in the water helping to get their children in/out of the sailboat. In the chaos, jewelry may be lost. Just an idea. I am blessed to have so many places to hunt so close to me in the tampa bay area.

Aaron

Congrats on a very nice piece of gold!

Liking the sound of the sailing school beach. Keep us posted on how it goes!

There you go. You've attained the status of "studmuffin" now! :super: