Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found four more cashes today and

Royal

one more cellar hole way back in the woods. Gotta check them out soon:surprised:

n/t

n/t

Geocaching. I have so many new sites to hunt now I could not hunt them all. To bad they didn't make a ultra light coil and carbon fiber
fishing rod to plug in via a rod to your GPS so you could metal detect also. Dam, I'd never be home then. Like you Royal, this is my time of the year. Warm days, cool nights, no bugs, the smell of leaves as they start to pile up. All the wildlife looking their best as they ready for winter. Not much different than many of us. Plan ahead works. I'm out there using the Bronco 4x4 dragging in big limbs that came down during the storm and cutting up here by the house to stack for next year. More fun that work right now. Here is where all my interest come to haunt me. I want to do them all, and can't. This time of year is perfect for all of my hobbies. Need more hours in a day for this retirement stuff.

I loaded in a bunch of Caches myself in the 60CSX. I use the go to next also. On the micro's I usually add in the hint also as those littler suckers can be hard to find.

Geo-CT

had to run up to Grayling and took the scooter. Chased down the three. I got to another but a squirrel hunter was there. I will get it later. How the heck do you add a hint to the 60? I didn't know you could do that. Something new all the time :D

get a chance to get back to you last night, came after midnight. Getting ready for our last race of the year Sept 28. I look forward to that one, need a rest.

Anyhow there are lots of ways to add hints. On micro's I open the encrypted section they offer to see the hint, just click on it. I just transfer it all with Easy GPS but I see you can do that also with GSAK. Its its open it will sent that in text form also. Or you can do like I do and type in the hint. Just click on find on the GPS, then Geocache, then the GCXXXX number of cache, It then will show you the cache info, I just scroll down to note and type in the hint for the micros. But in just reading on your GSAK program it think it will transfer it for you if you display it before you transfer it. I'm in the process of downloading the latest version of GSAK now to check it out later today. I also quite often or at least used to, print out the map they display on EasyGPS program. It shows the cache location and I just would type in the hint if a micro next to the icon and then print it out. Its sounding like your GSAK program will do it all paperless and a better job of it. That would save me alot of work also, as adding the hints manually is time consuming. I just brought mine up. I plug it into the the USB port so it runs off of that. I see there are a bunch of new new ones out there close to me again. A lot of people setting them up now. I had picked off most of the close ones. I also use Google earth withthe KLM files to show the caches along the road I'm traveling so when we go somewhere I can grab them if we are in the area. Eventhere, that new GSAK program looks like it does a better job of it. Let me check that out some.... That sure looks like a better way to do it and now writing at all.... On some of the micros, if you don't write the hints down, they can be a night mare to find, especially if yourlooking for a normal hide and not a micro. Nice out today, I hope I can get a little time today to grab a few. Heidi wants to take a 1 hour bike ride to and icecream shop out on a farm and there is one right there, so kill two birds with one stone so to speak. They just got in Rum Rasin and pudding ice cream. All home made. Thats my fat treat for the week. I scoop, then jog 5 miles later in the day.

Geo