Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found an original sov with meter for $150, is it worth it?

nc-joe

I have found an original sov for sale, with 8" coil and meter. Is it worth $150.

I currently use a White's Eagle Spectrum and I never use my Ace 250. Would I be happy with an original sov?

I have owned and used all three units.If you learn how to use the Sovereign you'll sell the other units.The original doesn't have a volume control and its heavy you'll need a straight shaft.You won't be happy with the Sovereign at first its very different.Use it for a couple of weeks in parks you thought were worked out.The price 150.00 is good I think it would probably auction for around 275.00 plus.

Is it heavier than the Eagle Spectrum? That large box with 4 c's wear you out after about 6 hours!

If you decide that you don't want the sovereign, I'll take it!

It is heavier than the Eagle,the balance is better with the straight shaft.Once you start digging up better finds the Sovereign feels a lot lighter for some reason.I like the Tornado 800 coil for thrash and it gives the nice zing tone,just started to use the older BBS 10 inch coil very impressed with the wider scan and depth.These are not suppose to be the hot setup for coils but these work the best for me.Batteries aren't bad if you use rechargeable.The older Sovereign uses 8 AA batteries split into two separate packs of four batteries joined with a pigtail connector.The stock rechargeable packs are hard to find in good condition.I'm currently using AA rechargeable in the alkaline packs and the verdict is still out on performance with this setup first time with a full charge got 10 hour plus.Second time out got four hours.I don't think the batteries weren't fully charged the second time.I'll see after more hours are logged on.Again you won't like the Sovereign until you log some hours on this unit.

buy it, contact me and i'll give you $200 for it and pay shipping.for $150 it's a steal.once you try it you'll be selling the other two ....good luck (i was serious about my opening statement,if you decide you don't want it)

I'm pretty anxious to hear what you think about it.:blink: