Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I found a new hobby that I always knew that would ........

General Ray

suit me well because shooting has always gotten my attention as a young Marine and boy, I have always loved to fire a weapon, in the Marine Corps they said your so good pvt Ray here's a M-60, now cut that tree line down and I always did :cool:

I had only 10 minutes with a .45 hand gun 37 years ago in boot camp but it seems that I never forgot what they taught me, I have the basics down and more, Walt says I am a natural when it comes to shooting, remember that if you ever decide to kick my door down ;)

I fired Walt's 38 revolver first because he wanted to get my feet wet first before I fired that mighty Kimber, both sweet hand guns, both were dead on but that Kimber sure packed a punch, knock over a heavy iron weight that Walt had me shoot at that took three shots using the 38 revolver, one shot with the Kimber and I nailed it and sent it moving backwards then over the rail :biggrin:

These targets are not in order but you get the message, aim for the heart as officer Walt said, shoot to kill and I did after 37 years :ninja:

IMG5.jpg

IMG7.jpg

IMG00040-2009032925.jpg

IMG00032-2009032915.jpg

IMG025.jpg

Officer Walt showing me what he wants me to do, well I did that and was looking for more!

IMG00034-20090329-1321-1.jpg

Officer Walt taking a little ride with my Kimber

IMG00036-20090329-1332.jpg

Officer Walt checking my kill zone from 40 yards after shooting the Kimber, 7 out of 7 hits in the chest and listening to that metal cling as each bullet hit there mark!

IMG00035-20090329-1321.jpg

Oh, did I mention that I am a member of the NRA and now a proud member of the FRATERNAL ORDER OF POLICE LODGE in Sylacauga, Alabama :yo:, they don't hand out many Associate Memberships but they did me and Walt gave me a key to the front gate and said shoot anytime you want Ray :thumbup:

IMG00041-20090329-1909.jpg

Walt said welcome Ray, you have a shooters instance, you are that good after 37 years of not handling a weapon, you are a natural with that Kimber Pro 11 Carry which happens to be a sweet hand gun bar none, go get your carry permit RAY, YOUR NOT ONLY A NATAURL your just a flat out good shot :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIVNNTI9XHA

why shoot against Cops? Maybe get some real competition;) [attachment 121961 stirring.gif]

n/t

Marine and weapons expert but at the same time I am also a Marine 37 years ago but never forgot what the Marines taught me :thumbup:

I kinda ......

like being a part of that Police Lodge, Walt's the President and said your in Ray, welcome as he handed me a key and my card to the police firing range :clapping:

We just hit it off right off the bat, not to mention he liked my shooting after such a long lay over, said I could be pretty good with a little time under my belt, in fact real good if I wanted to reach for it. Said you have those shooting instincts Ray, you can't learn those you have to just have them and you do.

He put me through a police close fire fight drill just to see what I could do, there were iron plates out on a wall 10 yards in front of me about 4 feet apart from each other, there were a total of 8 plates, he numbered them and said Ray I'll call out the numbers and you shoot at them, if you miss with the first round take another shot at it with a second round. Well, I got 7 out of 7 with the Kimber the first time around even though I only had 7 rounds in my clip. The next time around I only got 5 of them but he said you did just fine Ray, The whole time he was standing behind me and off to my right and if I missed one he covered it for me with his .45, he said that's what we call cover fire Ray.

It was awesome Wayner, If I missed he nailed it, that's how they cover for each other, pretty cool system that worked to a tee :thumbup:

Once when I was shooting and emptied three clips and turn around to face Walt he was standing there with two other officers that just stopped by, one of them said who's the ringer Walt, hahaha :lol:

He then said sweet hand gun, very nice, I just flat out loved shooting that Kimber, it was dead on even for a rusty fella like me but hit it's mark, I remembered what Nim told me on the views forum, firm grip Ray on that Kimber then Walt said push forward with the right hand and pull back with the left hand and you will have a steady grip and it worked :thumbup:

n/t

completely. When i was heavily into handguns and target shooting the RCMP used our Fish and game range. A few of the older officers were good shots because they knew the need and just enjoyed the practice also.
The younger ones however, just had to qualify to what we considered very loose standards. While we watched they would assume the combat position and puff themselves up to show off. The targets usually had mighty poor groups often 12 inches with the occasional exception.

I would wait till they were done then stroll up with my Super Blackhawk Ruger in 41 mag and offhand 5 into a 4 inch group, then complain cause i was having a poor day:biggrin: It ticked them off no end. My buddy who was a Staff sarge and a good shot reminded me that i may meet them kids at a traffic stop some day and.....:punch::blowup:

Wayner, I don't have more then three hours total in my life on a handgun but when they put one in my hand I proved my worth, Iike Walt said, your a natural Ray and with that Kimber pro 11 you are deadly and just proved it :thumbup:

9mm Ruger pistol. I would like to get a smaller one, then get a license to carry. Things are getting bad all over this world and I think we are beginning to have the right to carry! :)