Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I finally took a few close-up macro photos of some.....................

Kelley (Texas)

some flowers we are growing in a flower bed. For some reason, all the decent bugs have disappeared the last few days so the macro bug pictures will have to wait until I can find some bugs worth using in a macro photo. You must remember that I am using a Nikon Coolpix 5700 point and shoot digital camera. A professional picture taker, RM, also uses a Nikon brand camera. Do you notice how the colors came out real sharp and bright? The wind was blowing and I did encounter some problems in trying to make the flowers stay still long enough to take the photo. Hope that you enjoy them. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

n/t

That gives me encouragement to take some more macro photos! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

i never seem to find the right light or frame, not patient enough i guess.
Thank you for taking the time :)
Wayne

I always seem to over expose them. Yours look great.

I went out and got a few shots yesterday but mainly just got ate up by skeeters. You are probably having problems finding insects because of the heat.

Keep it up and take lots of shots. Try out different settings with your camera and see how it effects your pictues. My problem is, I will try a bunch of things and by the time I get to the puter, I forget what the heck I did

The flowers were a little difficult to photograph because the wind was blowing and they would not remain still when I snapped the shutter. Also, the flower selection was limited because we only have the one small flower bed and all the flowers are the same brand flowers, but different colors. The folks that live four houses up the street have a big flower bed with all types of different flowers that would be great to photograph, but they also have a big dog that likes to bite people.

There are no insects at this house because Debbie killed them when she sprayed bug spray around the house, and then the bugs not killed by the bug spray were eaten by the birds. I cut the grass the other day, and afterwards the birds came to the yard to eat the bugs. There is a nest of Red Wasp on the eve of the house, but I really did not want to tangle with them, they are mean tempered and sting.

I will just be patience and keep a mason jar handy in the event that I spot a nice bug to photograph.

Dennis came by the house last night and brought me his Sony DSC-S85 to try out. It appears to be much easier to use and I kinda liked it. However, it only has a 4 mega pic dots rating compared to my camera which is rated at 5 mega pic dots. Dennis said that I would not be able to see much difference in the photos unless I printed large pictures. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)