Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I Finally Did It! :clapping:

SeniorSeeker

After having dropped off my medication request to my pharmacist, at Meijer, I meandered back to the electronics department. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but I couldn't help notice a large display & locked case full of iPad 2's. upon examining the presentation a bit closer, I noticed the iPad2 was being offered for $379.00 plus the buyer would receive a in-store coupon for $40.00 toward anything in the store. I'm thinking that effectively brings the price down to $340.00. Now anyone who knows anything about Apple knows they rarely ever discount Apple computers. It's about that time a customer service guy walks up and I ask him to verify what I'm reading is correct. He assures me it is and proceeded to sweeten the pot or offering, if you will. He ask if I'd be using a Meijer credit card and if I would be a first time buyer for the iPad2? I said, "yes" and he tells me I'd receive an additional 10 percent off the total amount charged. Okay...now I'm doing the math, in my head, and I'm thinking the purchase price is now effectively about $300.00! So when was the last time you saw the iPad2 discounted $100 dollars? If your answer is never, you'd be right. Well...to make a long story much shorter, I simply couldn't pass that up. My laptop is on it's last legs and had already sung it's last hur-ra and I was looking for a replacement anyway. I wasn't all that excited about Windows 8 nor was I that delighted with the possibility of buying another windows computer. As far as Windows computers are concerned, I'd already sank twice and was determined I wasn't going to drown with another of Microsoft's screw ups! So I bought the Apple iPad2. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :clapping:

You will love the Ipad. I bought the first generation a few years back and use it daily. Great to load up with music, apps and you can even dowload library books onto it.

Interesting story Martin.

I started in Macs over 25 years ago and they have never let me down.

The only problem I have ever had was a mouse cable that broke due to use; in reality no trouble at all really.

No viruses, no upgrades, just happy use.

In a moment of madness I bought a PC with Windows just because certain mining software in Australia does not work on a Mac.

Nothing but trouble ever since with it, problems, trouble and even more trouble.

Now it just sits in my office and I will probably never turn it on again. What a waste!

So mate, you will be happy with that purchase.

Our whole family are now on Macs.

Like many of you, I'm delighted to own an Apple. I spent years w/Window's systems and cut my teeth, as it were, on the first IBM computers to Microsoft's Windows seven. Many, many years ago I owned a little Apple w/a handle on top & small keyboard. Back in those day's, computers were in their infancy and had limited capability (basically used for word processing). Having used the early models in computing, I can tell you that this iPad is nothing short of amazing! Thirty years ago when the latest computers were large and cumbersome to use to this Apple tablet is a stretch in imagination.

At first the learning curve was a wee bit difficult but, after having read the user guide, I'm much more comfortable using this little gem. I have so much to learn yet to become proficient w/my iPad but, in time, I'll get the hang of it. When I think of how many years I've put off buying another Apple, I could just kick myself. For all of you looking for a new computer, do yourself a favor and take the plunge and get yourself an Apple. You'll be so glad you did. Don't tie yourself to Microsoft's apron strings another day! It simply isn't worth it. I love my iPad! This thing rocks!

Great price! Congrats. You will love the iPad. My wife uses Brian's and I bought one for myself. As far as computers go, I'm sticking with windows. I bought a iMac in January and am selling it tomorrow. Couldn't get used to the Operating system and don't have the time to drive across town to take classes at the Apple store. It is a beautiful machine though. I guess it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks.