Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I didn't know Wayne Otto but my heart goes out to his family

Royal

it is a shame that a good family man like that can have such a short life. His problems are over but his family's is just starting. I have been there.

You have to be aware of your surroundings when you are out there folks. More than one detectorist has gone the way Wayne did and there is no reason for it except unattention. Consentrating on the signal and walking into deep water. It is a dang shame

I know he was obviously detecting with a water detector, but how would one drown by stepping off a sand bar? If this post is offensive, Royal, please take it off! I just don't understand how an accident this horrible could happen! :(

it has happened before. Some lakes have dropoffs that are almost straight down and if a person is swinging a detector in waste deep water, especially if they have waders on, they have a tough time if they walk off one.

It is especially bad if they are trying to use a land machine and are worried about getting it wet. Usually it is waders filling up though,

used waders when they went water detecting. That makes perfect sense, though. My daddy would not wear waders. He said there was too much risk involved. :(

when fishing, even in a boat! His wife fell overboard and he jumped in to save her, with the hip boots on and sank like a rock. He died

To young to go. From the post I've read on him he was a nice fella with a great family. For sure you can't waste any of your time here on earth. Very sad.

Swampy-CT

I'm only guessing at what may have happened, but if it was in salt water, rip currents in and around sand bars are quite common. I've been surprised by a few myself,but got lucky.

I'm reading a lot of the great post here and enjoying all of them. I'll be reading and once I get the rythum of the forum, I will try and add a few post. I know many of the guys on here from the other forums on Findmall.

I enjoy hanging out on this Findmall street corner better than any of them.

George-CT