Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I did it!

Lori

I finally found a silver!! Actually three of them!!!!! I found 2 Rosies 1951 and 1946 and a Merc 1941. I also found 2 nickles 1987 and 1969. Plus 10 pennies ranging in dates from 1961-1982 and three dimes 1967 1970 2001.

I also found a pull tab bottlecap and some piece of metal which all registered as a penny/dime. I only dug the signals that were for certain. I didn't dig any 16 - 26 or 32-55's. I know I probably missed alot of stuff but I have this really horrible trowel and the ground is so hard. My hands are killing me :( This was all at a local elementary school where as a child I would go to sled down their hill. That is where I detected :)

But I have found some silver now I have to find a silver quarter!

HH!

Now you will never look back !!!!

congrats!..you now gut the silver scent!.

(h.h!)
j.t.

Lori you did not say how deep the silver was ,but to have them near each other there might be more there.
Hit it from different angles and different settings Good luck Mike :detecting:

Keep a log on your finds, at least for a while so that someday you can look back and see how far you've come. I still have my first silver find ( bull charm, and 1944 merc dime in same hole). Happy hunting and congrats! You have many more first ahead of you.

Lori, can i ask you WHY ???????? you` didn`t dig signals in the 16 - 26 or 32-55's ??????? You`ve not just missed a few targets ! you`ve probably missed most of what was worth retrieving.
Can i inquire Why you did this please ?

Jeb NWR said:
Lori, can i ask you WHY ???????? you` didn`t dig signals in the 16 - 26 or 32-55's ??????? You`ve not just missed a few targets ! you`ve probably missed most of what was worth retrieving.
Can i inquire Why you did this please ?

Jeb,

I didn't dig those signals because I had a little trowel that wasn't worth anything and my hand and my chest were hurting so bad from trying to dig plugs that I only dug the coin signals. The land was so hard. I really need to invest in a shovel with a point. I have been looking at the The Little Eagle from Predator. It is almost like a trowel but I don't have to have to use my chest to help dig a plug LOL.

Lori

Lori,
I have the Sampson by Predator (they don't make it anymore) and I love it... really digs a great plug. Mine is a little longer and heaver than the one you want to get but both are great. Remember to dig the plug with straight up and down sides NOT at an angle. WHY.. because the plug will grow back and the one that is dug at an angle dies and that is something we don't want it to do. We always want to leave the site the way we found it. Also after you have filled the hole with dirt and put the plug in don't forget to step on it good to seal it up the best you can. Welcome to the wonderful world of metal detecting... it IS addicting. HH
Glen in Maine

get the lesche digger!.best on the market!

(h.h.!)
j.t.

lori!..in addendum!..always dig a three-sided plug with a hinge with roots attatched!..never sever the roots completely!..if you sever the roots,the plug will die,and leave a brown spot..

(h.h!).
j.t.

Ah ! I see . That`s understandable .
If you have a Male friend who has acess to an Angle grinder, why not get a "ladies" garden spade you know the one, they are slightly smaller than a "normal" garden spade and have a smaller blade ,about 8" x 6" blade . Then do what we do . Get your friend or relative to cut the squared off end with the Angle grinder into an arked pointed end! Or if not ,why not look on the "English" E bay " Metal detectors" site , Under " Consumer Electronics ". There are some really great spades on there ,made for Metal detecting.