Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

I challenge all the members of this Forum..............

Kelley (Texas)

to write a story about a favorite pet...dog, cat, chicken, horse, parrot, any animal. It would be great if one of you lurkers would bite the bullet and give it a try...we would love to hear your story too. O.J. we know that you had a favorite dog, how about telling us about it? Wayne, tell us about that cat that you folks have. Royal, did you not have a pet skunk or maybe a snake when you were a boy? Arkie John, Tom, Sunny...tell us a story about those chickens you keep as pets, OK? Mike, goodness knows how many stories you could write about the mischief that your little furry friends get into up there where you live, right? Rob, surely you have had a dog as a pet that you could write a story about, how about it? Have any of you lurkers ever had a raccoon as a pet and would take the time to tell us about it? George, how about writing a story about one of your wife's horses. Has anyone ever had a turtle as a pet that they could take a minute or two and tell us about it? Say, if you have a picture of the pet, by all means please post it too...always great to see a picture with a story. Come on folks, accept my challenge and lets put some fun back into this Forum! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

there is always a story that comes out when ones memory is jogged.
I would bet money that some of your horse trips across south Texas would be mighty interesting cause often its the little things that many folks miss that stand out.
You have been here longer than most and would know what makes for good reading:)

I sure hope folks take the challenge and post a story about their favorite pet. This can really be lots of fun if enough folks take the challenge. I sorta hope that one or two lurkers will come forward and post a story...I gurantee you that they would post a good story. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

This dog was not one in a hundred,but more like one in a thousand,yes I was very proud of 'Lucky'.She was friendly with children which is a great relief owning a power full dog.Yes Fred, I did have a dog named 'Lucky'.Her life was cut short,but in the little time she was with us,were the best times of my life.

I must admit naming her 'Lucky' may have not been apropos.This dog was accident prone from day one,when I drove for many hours to bring her home,she had a limp in her leg,it did go away.But other things like a cat scrathing her eyes,stepping on glass,and the one where I have no idea how she lived,was when she swallowed a small lacrosse ball,and I rushed to vet.Yes the people at the pet hospitals new "Lucky" by first name ,I think she paid a lot of the office bills for the Docters,but that's ok she was saved many times.

Well lets put aside the bad things,my gosh was she ever a smart German Shepherd,just by asking she could find people even in large crowds such as a flea market,she would bring me tennis or golf balls anytime near a sport area.I could hide a toy in the local park and after months she would find on command.One thing that entertained people in the local park,was when by command she would go from one park bench and stand up and continue to each park bench on command,you would had to be there to see how neat it was.

Well not to get long winded,we had to put her down at the prime of her short life.A few days before we went to the breeder and got another baby "Lucky",I vividly can see "Lucky" being towed ahead by a rope from my new pup.Thanks for reading it makes me feel better sometimes to remember the best times of my life.

Did you train Lucky yourself or was she already trained? How did she remember where you hid the toys at the park? Thanks for posting this story, I enjoyed reading it! Kelley (Texas) :)

if you have already put up the story please just copy and paste it as a new topic and i will erase the old one.
Wayne

she just was a fast learner,I have no idea how she remembered where her toys was,but she always would find them,thanks for reading Fred !:)

At the moment live in a tiny townhouse,but may get a midsize mutt soon,I think they are worth the work needed to own. Thanks for reading. :)

but I read a few good books on training German Shepherds,plus I was given a specific food formula to feed Lucky by the breeder,I don't remember now what it was but may have worked.The pup that replaced Lucky was from the same breeder but I gave it routine store food,it was not as easy if at all to train it. :)

Wayne can transfer it to the top of the story column? This is a good story and needs to be saved. Many thanks! Kelley (Texas) :)

However, with the new one [Target], there are whole days of entertainment. With here energy, the oldder dogs sometimes come down on her.

I will find one, and give it a write.

Calm seas

Mikie

n/t